cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transit Sales!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

My vendor is selling material to my plant,But if i get any order from my Customer, i will directly move the Truck from Vendor to my customer.(In Trnasit) ie. Withoout inwarding material to my Plant.

How to Map this Scenario? Can it be Treated as Third Party Sales?

But i am not always Sure that ill get order in Transit(Whiile Truck is moving from Vendor to me) from my customer.

In Third Party Sales u always have to put Ship to Party as Customer!!!

Regards,

Amol.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If the scenario what you had indicated is regular, then you can go for third party sales. But as you indicated, it is only an occasional, you make the necessary entries in SAP as if the material is (though physically it is not) inwarded in plant and delivered to customer.

In such cases, somewhere, you can maintain a relative text such that the cargo has been transported directly to customer from vendor premises and later on, based on this text, you can track the despatch details.

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Laxmipathi!

This is better Solution, But what are the financial implication regarding Excise duty.Do i need to Pay Excise Duty or Customer will pay?

Can i move the Truck from my Vendor to my customer's place Directly?(in Delivery challan of my Vendor Ship to Party is My Address.) Will Excise Authorities take any action me?

Regards,

Amol

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes before moving such components to vendor, the manufacturer has to get prior approval from excise authorities in writing for which there is some prescribed form. I dont remember the excise form number exactly.

Only after getting the approval from central excise authorities, manufacturer has to raise a PO on vendor against which the material has to be despatched to vendor. Once completing the process, the vendor has to intimate the manufacturer through a prescribed format based on which the manufacturer has to raise an invoice on customer with duty. I believe it will be a cumbersome process as for as excise formalities are concerned.

Finally coming to your question, yes the manufacturer has to raise an invoice from SAP with duty.

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

sarthak_mohantysd
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Amol,

Yes you can map this Scenario for Third party Sales.

Please refer to the link here for the details of Third Party Sales - http://help.sap.com/saphelp_47x200/helpdata/en/dd/560287545a11d1a7020000e829fd11/content.htm

Regards,

SARTHAK

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Amol,

Yes, third party scenario will help you

Go through this link Third party With shipping notification

http://help.sap.com/bp_blv1600/V5600/BBLibrary/HTML/107_EN_IN.htm

in this link go to Technical Details for Config Guide

Business Details for Business Process.

Hope useful.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

third party sales will helpful for you - here vendor directly deliver the goods to the customer

for configuration check the following link and also make a search in the forum

http://help.sap.com/printdocu/core/Print46c/en/data/pdf/SDSLS/SDSLS.pdf

regards

vardhan