cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Warranty

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I have defined chanrterstics for warranty, warranty counters, created warranty master, I have a doubt how to link the waarnty master to material, how it will automatcially go into equipment master at the time deliverys

Linking of material to warranty master

Pl help me out in this

Thanks

Mahesh

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

reazuddin_md
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Mahesh,

As per your thread,

Characteristics-CT04 , Warranty Counter- GM04 , Master Warranty -BGM1 is already created.

Hope you have created Customer Warranty-BGM1 for specific Material ( which will be maintianed as Service in Master warranty)

along with this, YOu need to maintian Serial Number profiles for this Warranty Material, to check the warranty of each Equipment.

As you said, there is no direct calculation for Expiry date for equipment to Material. So we need to use USEREXIT in respective transaction for this.

we are doing the same, when Quality Analysis happening for customer rejected material - QA32,

we are using the USEREXIT here to calculate whether warranty still exists or not.

hope it helps,

Former Member
0 Kudos

I dont want to manully maintain the warranty counter and start date in the equipment, i want to automate it the start date will be the delivery date or PGI date of the warranty and master warranty should be based on the material of the equipment

Thanks

Mahesh

reazuddin_md
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

FYI,

I have not told in my post, that you should maintain manually-

Master warranty wont pick the start date-

for this you need to do enhancement in such a way, to pick the start date/begin date as Delivery creation date/GI date by default, from then in BGM2, system automaically calculated warranty period. ( based on warranty counter,you configured) -

request you to re- read my earliest. post

Former Member
0 Kudos