Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I view the login activity of my users for the past 3 months or more

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I need to check the login activities of my users for the past 3 months (or more). I need to monitor unauthorized access for each and everyone of them. Does anybody have an idea on how this can be done?

Thanks for your help in advance.

Best regards,

Jun

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

You can work out with sm19 and Sm20 which is nothing but the audit log where you can check wht exactly user has did in the past

also you can check from suim -> change -> usre here you can c the users profile additions pwd change like the overview but cant notice wht he has done in the system,

Thx

Shilpa

9 REPLIES 9

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Aurelio,

Can you please explain, what do you mean by login activities? Thanks.

If you are looking for the transaction usage, then please use ST03N.

Regards,

Sachhidanand Rankhambe

0 Kudos

Hello,

Thanks for the immediate response. Actually, here's what I want to do. I have a user, who always asks me to unlock his account almost every week. With this, Im worried that there might be someone trying to use his access. What I would like to do is to generate a list of all login activities for the past 3 months. The list should also contain the terminal name where the attempted login was made. This way, I should be able to track down the possible culprit.

Thanks in advance

0 Kudos

Hi,

As said above, please enable auditing trace in Sm19( if not already enabled) and see the logs in SM20.

You can check information also in ST03N and STAD.

Regards,

Gowrinadh

0 Kudos

Hi Aurelio,

You can get the data for the past 48 hours in STAD. If your requirement is more than that, you have to go to SM19 & SM20.

Regards,

0 Kudos

Hi Aurelio,

Then I think, ST03N will not help.

As mentioned by some other people, please try using SM20.

Thanks.

Regards,

Sachhidanand Rankhambe

Former Member
0 Kudos

You can work out with sm19 and Sm20 which is nothing but the audit log where you can check wht exactly user has did in the past

also you can check from suim -> change -> usre here you can c the users profile additions pwd change like the overview but cant notice wht he has done in the system,

Thx

Shilpa

desiree_matas
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Aurelio,

SAP note 139418 may also be useful for you. It describes the different possibilities you have to log user actions in your SAP system.

Regards,

Désiré

0 Kudos

Hi Desiree,

Thanks for this note number.:-)

Regards,

Sachhidanand Rankhambe

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you very much. SM20 had solved the problem.

Best regards,

Jun