cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Setting up WPC usage monitoring on the Portal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Everyone,

I have been looking for a way to report on the number of portal users accessing different areas of the portal, such as KM documents, but in particular pages and objects that have been created in Web Page Composer (WPC). I know that I can monitor KM documents and have setup reporting for this using the following blog entry.

/people/michael.kronfeld/blog/2007/12/21/recording-access-to-documents-in-km - thank you Michael Kronfeld.

Unfortunately, the report generated from the above setup, outputs all logged entries using a GUID rather than the KM document name, example: u201Cpolicy.docu201D.

Iu2019m assuming that reporting on WPC activity, like the KM reporting may use the GUID method of identification, rather than the WPC object user readable name, example: u201CCareers Pageu201D.

Following the above description, does anyone know of a way to setup monitoring/logging for WPC pages/objects (article, paragraph, etc) on the portal using a method that identifies objects in a way where user readable names for WPC objects are used?

Thank you.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Chris,

I'm looking for the same. Any updates from your side, please share.

Thanks,

Kiran

Former Member
0 Kudos

Kiran,

I have kind of put this one on the back burner as I have not had much luck thus far. I have however found a third party software called "Click Stream" by Sweetlets, and it looks promising.

http://www.sweetlets.com/click_stream.html

Hope this helps. I will update when and if I find out more.

Regards,

Chris