Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HU managed bulk storage type set to "C" -> Q and non-Q HUs in the same bin

primoz_gricar
Explorer
0 Kudos

Dear colleagues,

WM storage location is HU managed. I have defined block (bulk) storage type with Mixed storage set to "C" - Several batches of same material allowed in one bin. Despite this, I can not place HU in quality inspection in a bin where several HUs in unrestricted use are already placed (same material and same/or different batches).

Any idea how to overcome this Q-status issue in bulk storage type with mixed storage set to C ? I would like to mix HUs with Q and non-Q status in the same bin, as this is the way the process in relation to quality inspection department works.

Thanks in advance for your advice,

Primoz

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

primoz_gricar
Explorer
0 Kudos

Edited by: Primoz Gricar on Mar 29, 2009 9:52 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

What's the setting of addition to stock in the storage type?

MdZ

primoz_gricar
Explorer
0 Kudos

Thanks for reply.

The setting for addition to the existing stock is X - allowed.

When trying to putaway HU with status Q to the bin with HUs with non-Q status, I get message L3036 indicating that mixed stocks are not allowed for this storage type. Look like that system treats stocks in Q and not-Q as mixed stocks.

Any idea would be appreciated.

Thanks and regards, Primoz

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

So you're adding a new HU into the same bin, in which other HU's already exist? Not adding Q-stock to an existing HU in the same bin?

And during what proces does the Q-stock gets directed into this bin? GR, posting change or usage decision from inspection lot?

Regards,

MdZ

Edited by: MdZ on Mar 29, 2009 7:37 PM

primoz_gricar
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am adding a new HU into the bin where other HUs are already placed. In all this HUs the same material is packed. Batches can be different. This can be expected from "C" setting for mixed storage.

There are 2 processes where this additional HU is directed into this bin:

- GR from production (process order) -> WM movement type 103

- or standard LT10 for relocating any number ob HUs from one bin to another (process of putting stocks of same material together to free-up space for new stocks coming from production).

Thanks for your efforts and regards,

Primoz

csaba_szommer
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

This is not HUM-specific feature of SAP. If only SUM is in use you will get the same error (L3036).

If mixed storage is set to "C" SAP will perform a check based on these fields:

WHERE MATNR <> LTAP-MATNR

OR WERKS <> LTAP-WERKS

OR LGORT <> LTAP-LGORT

OR BESTQ <> LTAP-BESTQ

OR SOBKZ <> LTAP-SOBKZ

OR SONUM <> LTAP-SONUM.

(set a breakpoint in program LL03AF1S, line 107, and execute the transaction in LT01...)

So, in this case SAP will consider the stock type (BESTQ) and won't allow the placement. (Don't ask why...it was designed this way (this is the logic behind mixed storage "C").)

Regards,

Csaba

Edited by: Csaba Szommer on Mar 29, 2009 9:31 PM

primoz_gricar
Explorer
0 Kudos

Dear Csaba,

Thanks for your quick reply. The explanation makes a good sense. Now I know that "C" looks for entry in LTAP-BESTQ, which in my case blocks putaway.

I will make some further investigation.

Thanks again and regards,

Primoz

0 Kudos

This message was moderated.