Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Original application file with extension .flc not opening

nirajsikligar
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi,

I have got an requirement from my end user for DMS. He operates a software named FLOW LOGIC CONTROL, from there he generates a document with extension .flc.

I am able to check in the docuemnt in DIR, but when I try to access the same through DIR, it does not open.

I have defined work station application as FLC with file format as .flc and application (path and programme name) as %AUTO% for Define work station application in network in customizing.

Do I need to define application other then %AUTO% ? If so what it will be?

I have tried to open same file through DIR on the desktop where the software is running, but there also I could not open original application file.

Kindly help me resolving the issue.

Thanks and Regards,

Niraj Sikligar

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Are you able to open any flc file outside DIR with single click or it will open the application first and then require one more click to open the file.

Anirudh,

nirajsikligar
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi Anirudh,

I am not able to open .flc file from my desktop even outside DIR because that application is not installed on my desktop. But the user who is having that application installed on his desktop is able to open .flc file with a single click outside DIR.

Regards,

Niraj Sikligar

Edited by: Niraj Sikligar on Mar 30, 2009 8:49 PM

Edited by: Niraj Sikligar on Mar 30, 2009 8:50 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

application is not installed on my desktop -

Pls install the application on your machine. It should work.

Anirudh,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

When u give %auto%, and try to open the File from DIR, SAP searches for the software to run the program in the local machine..

So the software should be installed in the machine, othrwise it wil not open ..

Regards

Aby

nirajsikligar
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

That means this document through DIR will open for the machins where the application is installed, it will not open on other machines. Am I right?

Reagrds,

Niraj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi SAP Gurus,

We also have similar requirement, can we use the system where the software is installed to open this file, by defining that system as a Data Carrier or Data Carrier type ?

in DMS we come across DATA Carrier and Data carrier type which says it could be used for Accessing an file or application stored in another system.

can't we make use of this feature for senarious like this ? or else i could not understand the funtionality or usage of Data Carrier and Data Carrier type. (as i have always used only Default PC)

Please Clarify.

Thanks and regards

Priya S

Edited by: Priya S on Mar 31, 2009 9:16 PM

nirajsikligar
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Aby,

I have created DIR and checked in the file with file extension .flc, from the machine on which the application FLOW LOGIC CONTROL is installed, and tried to access through cv02n from same machine, it gave me following error:

The file does not have a program associated with it for performing this action. Create an association in the Folder Options control panel.

Any help on this?

Thanks and Regards,

Niraj

MangeshP
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Niraj

What kind of file is generated with Flow Logic Control Application.Mean to say whether it is 2D , 3D file or plain text document.

With Regards

Mangesh Pande

nirajsikligar
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Mangesh,

How are u?

Basically this files are text files but may have some Isometric drawings.

Regards,

Niraj Sikligar

MangeshP
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Niraj

I think you will have to dig up " Define workstation application " SPRO to check whether you are missing some thing.

In there please check Define Workstation Apllication in the Network.

Hope this find usefull.

If you also say they are Isometric Drawing then I thinkl you will have to put Entries for the integrated viewer in Define Workstation Apllication in the Network > Path with program Name.

2D formats, such as Bitmaps

Entry: EAIWeb.webviewer2D.1 %SAP-CONTROL%

3D formats, such as JT files

Entry: EAIWeb.webviewer3D.1 %SAP-CONTROL%

With Regards

Mangesh Pande

nirajsikligar
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Mangesh,

For Define Workstation Apllication in the Network > Path with program Name, do I need to write program name as FLOW LOGIC CONTROL?

Regards,

Niraj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Niraj

If the application is installed in network drive then give the path of the installation location for eg

t:\acad12e\acad.exe for autocad like that in the application path(Program name).

Regards

Prasad

MangeshP
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi NIraj

The filed which I mentioned to You mentions the Path of the application which is used to display or change the Original Alpplication file.

example.

If you want to change or display Word document that you have checked in the content server, when you say display the system find the path where this Program ( eg. WINWORD.Exe ) .

eg Path C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\OFFICE11\WINWORD.exe

Check in your PC this Path.Whenever you open a word document it uses this path for winword.exe to process word document.

So in your case the program may be installed in your PC or on some anather Computer.If its on your local machine the Mention * %AUTO%

If 2D or 3D Document mention it as suggested earlier reply.( I Think in your case a Engineering document is getting generated.And it must be 2D or 3D doucment. ).

If your program in on anather machine then give path name of that program.

Please press F1 in the field * Path with program Name * to check the help for possible entries.This will help you to solve the problem.

Hope this helps you

With regards

Mangesh Pande

MangeshP
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Niraj

Please provide the information on this Plow logic Control software such as which company provides this software, website etc.

with regards

Mangesh Pande

nirajsikligar
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Mangesh,

The issue is resolved.

What I did is, I checked out the document with extn .flc from DIR, and tried to open it. It asked for the application to open the file. I browsed the application and opened the file from desk top. It asked me the option of selecting the application coz this files were saved in the application itself not in windows. So when I tried to open directly from windows it prompted me to select the application. Once the files open directly, I tried to open from DIR and it got opened.

Secondly,

When I was trying to open the file through DIR earlier it was asking for maintaining file extension in Folder options in control panel of my desk top. But even after maintining the setting it was not getting saved. But after opening the document from the desktop using the application that path automatically got saved.

And I think this made the file to open from DIR also.

Hope this information will be helpful to evryone.

Thank you all for answering to my query and suggesting solutions.

Regards,

Niraj Sikligar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Niraj

What is the error message you are getting?

regards

Prasad

nirajsikligar
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi Prasad,

It is not giving any error message, but it is simply not opening.

Regards,

Niraj Sikligar