Skip to Content

Archived discussions are read-only. Learn more about SAP Q&A

sap stop responding

Dear Team,

My team told me that SAP Development is not working .I checked via GUI . Its not connecting.

Than i login in development server with SIDADM.

I check #ps -ef|grep sap and #ps -ef|grep ora

its showing all process .So many process is running. At that time what should i check perticulerlly..? what process.?why our SAP stop?

then at last

I want to stop SAP.

sapdev:devadm 3> stopsap

Checking DEV Database

-

It stuck here.

At last I reboot my development server and then Start Oracke and SAP.

Now its working. But I want to check why my SAP was stop.?

In with file should i monitor ? Or witch file system to check the log.

thanks

kallis

replied

Hi Kallissa

1. 'That time I think . I should Restart SAP Instance only.

But When I give command for stop sap'

You gave the command 'stopsap', which stops both 'database' and 'sap instance'. So you were trying to stop the database too. you must have used 'stopsap R3' if you wants to stop only the SAP instance.

2. 'Why it stuck in Checking DEV Database'

because the processed which got hanged were not getting released or killed.

3. 'I should check Database that time or SAP'

After checking all the three/four options for SAP processes as mentioned by in my earlier reply and mentioned by Yogi too (stale process situation), which includes killing of processes, you should go for Database Check.

- as sidadm, first of all you should run 'R3trans -d' to check whether database is accessible or not. if it gives return code other than 0, then you must analyze trans.log file, which is always created in the present working directory, from where you ran R3trand -d command.

- then you should go for checking of oracle logs....

sqlnet.log in background directory may give you the nearest reason, if any oracle problem is there due to any oracle process or due to any other database problem

Bhudev

0 View this answer in context
Not what you were looking for? View more on this topic or Ask a question