cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IDoc status

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi there -

In case of File-XI-multiple IDoc scenario, I have following questions, please clarify:

1. if IDocs are already existing in R/3, they will get updated, is that correct? Otherwise is there any setup required to update IDocs?

2. if IDocs are not in R/3, they will get created, correct?

Greatly appreciated your help.

Regards,

Pat

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

MichalKrawczyk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

it depends what kind of idocs you're using

if you're creating orders with idocs

then if you repeat them you will create new orders ....

so it depends

Regards,

michal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Michal for the quick response.

Sorry, I missed to mention some info:

We need to create/update Material using this scenario.

Regards,

Pat

moorthy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Pat,

If you want to create/update the Material, if there is no standard Idoc exists, then you need to customize the existsing idoc. I think for material master it is there.

Just for your info- XI will not post the idoc into master tables. It will populate the data, and Logic in the Idoc will update/post the data into Master tables.

This is just my views

Regards,

Moorthy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pat,

Idocs are basically just structures. If you are sending a material Idoc, for example MATMAS then this idoc will be posted to R/3 and you will have to create a partner profile and you mention the process code to be executed if this particular Idoc is recieved. The process code will internally run a function module to create a new material you posted in R/3.

Thats how it works, If material by that name is already existing it will update it.

If you are sending a purchase Order Idoc it will create a purchase order every time you post a idoc.

Yomesh.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Pat,

There is no logic in the Idoc as such. We assign a process code to an Idoc type in partner profiles. The process code decides the logic that what you wish to do of the received Idoc.

Xi is just concerned with the posting of Idoc to R/3 . rest configuration steps are to be done in R/3.

Yomesh.

MichalKrawczyk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

answering your question

if the material does not exits - it will be created

if it exists - it will be updated

Regards,

michal

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

claus_wallacher
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Pat,

to receive a MATMAS message in your backend system you need to maintain the partner profile for this message.

Start transaction WE20 (in your backend, not in XI), look for yor logical system and create an inbound partner profile with message type = MATMAS and process code = MATM.

Regards,

Claus

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi!

IDocs themselves are never updated, but only created. If you send an Idoc to an R/3 system it will be created as Idoc as often as you send it to the system. Thus if you send the same orders IDoc 10 times to the same backend, 10 orders IDocs are created (and posted as 10 orders). If you send 10 Material Master Idocs with identical content the same material is updated 10 times with the same content - but indeed 10 IDocs are created (and posted).

Hope this helps!

Regards,

Volker

Former Member
0 Kudos

Appreciated all for the responses.

I have a question on posting IDocs:

What kind of problems we can expect while posting IDocs and how to resolve them?

In our case, some IDocs are posting as expected but some are not, is this related to data? or any setup issue?

To confirm once again, new materials are being created as expected. That means if we resend IDoc by changing some info of existing material, it will update the existing material, correct? Is there any setup required on R/3 or XI side to enable updates?

Please clarify.

Regards,

Pat

moorthy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

<i>**To confirm once again, new materials are being created as expected. That means if we resend IDoc by changing some info of existing material, it will update the existing material, correct?

Yes it should update the existing material.</i>

<i>Is there any setup required on R/3 or XI side to enable updates?</i>

There is no special settings/configurations needs to be done in XI. But your process code logic may be checked once. And , if you are using standard MATMAS* then check the properties of that Idoc Type

Hope this helps,

Regards,

Moorthy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Appreciated your quick response Moorthy.

Can you please provide guidelines/documentation for the process code logic.

We are using stnadard MATMAS*, what are the recommended properties, please provide any documentation.

Regards,

Pat