cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why product division field has been transfred from ECC to APO?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

Basically, am ABAP developer, but, i got a statement as below, regarding the APO,

To transfer product division field from ECC to APO, it was made the changes in FM EXIT_SAPLCMAT_001 to add entry in table OT_CIF_MATKEYCUS. And it has been added a field for product division in table /SAPAPO/MATKEY.

- What is the product division field?

- Mainly, in which tbl its existing?

- What could be the business requiremnt behind this development?

- Any other info?

If my question is wake, sorry! Replies are gretaely appreciated.

thanq

Edited by: SAP ABAPer on Mar 29, 2009 9:09 PM

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

ABAPer,

Division field exists in ECC table MARA (MARA-SPART). It is yet another field used for categorizing materials in ECC. In standard APO, this field is not CIF'd across. It does not normally appear in /SAPAPO/MATKEY, which is the table in SCM which contains General Product data (similar to MARA in ECC). The RICEF you are describing below would be a developer's response to a business requirement which, for some reason, needed 'Division' in APO in the product table. Although I have never seen Division maintained in APO, it is certainly not the strangest data item I have seen there.

If you want to know more about this field, just look at F1 help on ECC MARA-SPART.

As to 'why' it was sent to APO, you will have to ask the people that decided to put it over there. You have described a customized solution. I couldn't imagine the thought processes... Perhaps some scenario that uses Division as a characteristic for forecasting?? Or????

Sorry I couldn't be of more help.

Regards,

DB49

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you.

Totally agreed with u.

Pls. answer to my other 2 questions too, and the title are as below,

1) What are APO orders in APO (APO Order transaction:-SAPAPO/SNPTLB)?

2)Changed Scheduling agreement category,when its transferred from R/3 to APO?

Looking for ur reply, Thank you for ur time.

thanq

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

waiting for some other any info from any expert, if not, soon, will close this thread.

thanq Dogboy and Senthil.

thanq

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ABAPer,

All transactional data in ECC are mapped to orders in SAP APO. Those are distinguished by their ATP category. Like stock in ECC is mapped to 'CC' order category in APO. similarly purch. req wud be 'AG', planned order - 'AI' , purch. order wud be 'BF' in APO.

The change transfer between SAP ECC and APO follows automatically for transactional data belonging to an active integration model. In customizing you can control those change transfer to real time or peroidically.

Thanks,

Satyajit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ABAPPER,

The answers to your queries are as below:-

1) What are APO orders in APO (APO Order transaction:-SAPAPO/SNPTLB)?

Under t-code SNPTLB, Transport Load buidling orders will get generated in system. These orders are confirmed STOs(Stock transfer Orders) generated from STRs(Stock Transfer Requests).

2) Changed Scheduling agreement category,when its transferred from R/3 to APO?

Category change is a master data change. This will get transferred from R/3 to APO as and when a job (foreground or background) of an Integration model for Scheduling agreement runs in R/3. (T-codes CFM1 - Generation of integration model, CFM2 - Activation of integration model)

Regards

R. Senthil Mareeswaran.