cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to install SAPNW2004sSneakPreviewABAP

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am trying to install SAPNW2004sSneakPreviewABAP while installing at 4 point i got the following error Could you please anybody can help me in this

I am installing SneakPreviewABAP in WindowsXP with SP2

ERROR 2006-03-30 22:19:01

CJS-30129 Creating node $(DIR_TRANS) with type DIRECTORY failed. Original exception text was: syslib.filesystem.nodeCreationFailed:

Unable to create node
uma\sapmnt\ with type DIRECTORY: can't create parent node..

CJS-30129 Creating node $(DIR_TRANS) with type DIRECTORY failed. Original exception text was: syslib.filesystem.nodeCreationFailed:

Unable to create node
uma\sapmnt\ with type DIRECTORY: can't create parent node..

FCO-00011 The step createSystemDirectories with step key |NW_ABAP_OneHost|ind|ind|ind|ind|0|0|NW_System|ind|ind|ind|ind|6|0|createSystemDirectories was executed with status ERROR .

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

still i am unable to install SAP IDES after check all the solutions provided by u people. like uninstalling antivirus software, check the permission of administration on sapmnt share folder.

but still the instllation get stucks at create common installation files.

please helme out

saurabh vaidya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Check the permissions and sharing properties for the user sidadm local in the remote host.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

First of all thank you very much for your quick response and help.

The problem was actually because of the antivirus. Instead of deleting I just disabled it and that's how I solved the problem.

However, the installation still won't finish. One step before the end I still get an error, and I cannot overcome it. The name of the step is:"ABAP Reports".

Thank you for all the help.

Good day and more productive work.

With a bless

Andrey Pavlov

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I think, your OS Windows XP is not correct to be used here.

Try using Windows 2003, it must work with installation thru Administrator user.

If you still want to use Win XP then, go to secutiry policy and give Administrator the right for "Create Process Level Token" and restart the PC.... This should help.

Good Luck,

Yatin Bhatt

athavanraja
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

do you administrator previlege on the machine?

is your file ystem is NTFS?

Raja

former_member196065
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Raja,

Thanks for reply

My file system is NTFS and i am login to system by using "shankar" user which is administrator My Computer Name is "uma"

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I got same problem and I am login with admin privilegies and my file system is NTFS, but...

Please, help me, I need solution for this error.

Thanks.

former_member196065
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Andrey,

This mainly because of Anti virus software installed in your computer.

Why because Anti Virus Software won't allow to modify some system files, but those are need to be modified by installation. ( I don't know exactly which files )

what i did is i removed Antivirus software and i removed the Old Sneak Preview installation and i tried again then i am able install the server.

In your case just remove the anti virus software and try to install again by choosing the continue old installation

And let me know what happened

former_member192029
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Please meet the pre- requiste

1. Operating System: Windows 2000 (Service Pack 3); Windows XP Professional (Service Pack 1) or Windows Server 2003

2. NTFS-File systems

3. Internet Explorer 5.5 or higher or Firefox 1.0 or higher

4. At least 1 GB RAM, 2 GB are recommended

5. Intel Pentium III/1.1 GHz or higher (or compatible)

6. 14GB free hard disk space (8.6 GB for the installed software and 4.9 GB for the installer software)

7. High-resolution monitor (1024x768 or higher, 256 colors)

8. Sun Microsystems J2SE SDK version 1.4.2_08 or 1.4.2_09 (Sun JDK 1.5 not tested). You can download this from Sun Microsystems at http://java.sun.com/products/archive/j2se/1.4.2_09/index.html. Please note that version 1.4.2_10 may cause installation problems.

9. If you have already installed SAP products on your computer, you must ensure that none of the systems are called "J2E".

10. The file C:\WINNT\system32\drivers\etc\services (Windows 2000) or C:\Windows\system32\drivers\etc\services (Windows XP) must not include an entry for the ports 3601, 3201 and 50000 to 50030. A possible entry can be excluded by using the hash symbol (#).

11. If no DHCP server is available on your network (which dynamically determines the IP address) or your computer is not connected to any network, you need to install the virtual interface adapter MS Loopback Adapter. This is described in detail within the contents of the download package.

12. To use Interactive Forms based on Adobe software, you must install the necessary credential file and activatetial file and activate it using a unique password. Download the latest credential and password from SDN.

Cheers

Jawahar Govindaraj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Andrey,

A workaround,

Create the shares sapmnt, saploc manually for \usr\sap with full permissions for administrator group. and retry for the installation. If you are not able to create the shares means that you doesn't have administrative privileges.

regards

Anand.M