cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why NWA/SLD/ Solution manager redundancy

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am just curious why systems like SLD and Solution manager both contain the same information? Like systems, software componenets etc.

Another question, I was just reading the docs for NWA administrator and I see that they are suggesting to do some ccms monitoring through NWA. Doesnt solution manager do this already? How many places are there to do monitoring, which ones are best???

Does anyone have Project experience and best practices for this?

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

documentation is missleading. You can go without EPC to setup central NWA. In case you use GuidedProcedures you need EPC to monitor it as functionality for it is in that usage type.

greetings Georgi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Dieter, Is there a note or something that covers how to do the SMSY-->SLD sync?

This is exactly what I was looking for.

Also is the following scenario a good idea?

Dual instance

ABAP stack Java stack

Solman 4.0 SLD

NWA

SMD

former_member190969
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jeremy,

when you use SLD and Solution Manager, Solution Manager reads the System Data from SLD if you set up it to do so in SMSY Menu GoTo - Setup System Landscape Maintenance. By the way Solman will also be able to do the monitoring for stand alone Java Systems as of release 4.0 SP06.

Regards

Andreas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Jeremy,

please note that Solution Manager its own landscape information (tcode SYMSY), which can also be synchronized with the SLD.

Solution Manager is just another display option for monitoring data. The actual monitoring data is retrieved by the CCMS monitoring infrastructure, which is also used by the NWA.

Java-only monitoring data is also retrieved by NWA via JMX. Even in a Java-only landscape, you must have a double-stack system as central system in order to display availability data provided by the CCMSPING agent.

To monitor an ABAP-only landscape, you do not need NWA for the time being.

To monitor a "mixed" landscape, you should use NWA on a double-stack system.

For more information, you can use the following quick links in the SAP Service Marketplace: /nwa, /monitoring and /javamonitoring.

Regards,

Dieter

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dieter,

I recently found this thread and wanted to ask a follow up question. I am about to install a central monitoring system for a new installation with both ABAP and Java components. The latest SAP NW2004s Master Guide discusses that a central NWA now needs AS ABAP + AS Java + EP.

Since Solution Manager 4.0 already has AS ABAP and AS Java, it would be nice to add EP and have NWA configured in the same system/SID. Is this possible or is it recommended to install a separate WebAS instance for NWA?

Thanks,

Jeff

Former Member
0 Kudos

Jeff,

Solman Java is Diff then EP java. As of today you cant combine both. You have to install diffrent java SID for EP.

regards,

Kedar