cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

mapping and transformation rules

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

pls tell me what is this mapping and transformation rules in context wz filw to RFC scenario.

what do u mean by transformation and transformation rules.

Thanks

veeru

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

Transformation means changing or modifying incoming data as per the Business requirtement.

in XI u can achive this by any one of the mappings available. Graphical, JAVA, ABAP or XSLT.

eg: Date Transformation... if u r incoming date is coming in MMDDYY, and u want to change it to DDMMYYYY, u can achieve this transformation using Graphical mapping in XI using predefined Functions.

Regards,

Madhav

Note:Points If Useful.

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Answered

former_member183908
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Mapping and Transformation both are same,to understand clearly we go for transformation.

Generally we go for Mapping/Transformation when ever you want to change the source structure into required format of the target structure we gor for mapping ie. Transforming the one structure to another.

Ex:

Source Structure:

Fname

Lname

Empid

Fname------>CONCATE theswe togetherly gives Name.

Lname------->CONCATE

My required Target Structure is:

Name(So to get Name we will use the CONCATE preefined functon under Graphical Mapping in Mapping Editor )

Empid

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Experts,

I need more clarification on this.Please help me out.One more thing.Does mapping and transformation has to be in Functional spec.Have put in TECHNICAL SPEC.

As per my understanding ,it shud be explained in Technical spec.

Just help me out with mapping and transformation funda with soem Examples.

Thanks

Veeru

Former Member
0 Kudos

>

> Experts,

> I need more clarification on this.Please help me out.One more thing.Does mapping and transformation has to be in Functional spec.Have put in TECHNICAL SPEC.

> As per my understanding ,it shud be explained in Technical spec.

>

> Just help me out with mapping and transformation funda with soem Examples.

>

> Thanks

> Veeru

Rules (to be more clear Transformation rules) should be defined in the Functional Specs by Function Consultant and the person who is writing the Tech. Spec can refer the same in his document.

Shabarish_Nair
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

>

> Hi experts,

> pls tell me what is this mapping and transformation rules in context wz filw to RFC scenario.

> what do u mean by transformation and transformation rules.

>

> Thanks

> veeru

Transformation is nothing but mapping. In very easy terms it is the process of changing one structure to another (source to target). Transformation rules are basically conditions which are specified in the transformation/ mapping.

eg. map source field xx to target field yy when xx is greater than 20