cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DP Planning in Fiscal Periods and Fiscal Weekly Periods

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We are using fiscal calnedar that starts on first Sunday of Nov with 4 weeks in each period i.e., fiscal year 2009 started on Nov 2nd (Sunday) and first period goes from Nov 2nd (Sunday) to Nov 29th (Saturday) and so on.

So, our fiscal week also starts on Sunday and ends on Saturday i.e., in first period of 2009 the following are the fiscal weeks

1 fiscal week - Nov 2nd to Nov 8th

2 fiscal week - Nov 9th to Nov 15th

3 fiscal week - Nov 16th to Nov 22nd

4 fiscal week - Nov 23rd to Nov 29th

1 fiscal period - Nov 2nd to Nov 29th

In storage bucket profile we are able to assign only one fiscal period profile. There is no place to consider fiscal weeks.

Created two planning books as follows

1. Planning book with time bucket profile of fiscal periods. It is allowing me to plan in fiscal periods and works as expected

2. Planning book with time bucket profile of fiscal weeks. It is not allowing me to plan in fiscal weeks

How to make the fiscal weeks planning book work?

Thanks in advance,

Srini

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

What version are you using? We asked for this in 2003 at ASUG and although it was delivered in 4.1 we never got it to work, but when we upgraded to 5.1 it works perfectly.

Define 1 storage bucket profile with fiscal weeks and 2 planning bucket profiles, one with fiscal weeks and the other with fiscal months. Then define your planning area with the SBP fiscal week. Within interactive planning, turn on the header functionality. Choose the first icon on the upper left corner of the planning grid and choose "change periodicity" and you can switch from "fiscal weeks" to "fiscal months".

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dave,

Thanks for your help.

Srini

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

kenneth_snyder
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Problem is your storage bucket profile can contain only one fiscal period. So you must select either weeks or months. If you select fiscal weeks, you can still switch to calendar months, but you can't switch to fiscal months. The system wouldn't know what a fiscal month is.

Ken Snyder