cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multiple Resource Planning in PPDS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

We are running PPDS for our Production Planning. Business scenario is we have 2 PPM's , and in the PPM's input materials and Resource is different( So, we can not use different Mode) Now, when executing PPDS, system picks the PPM by which availibility date can be met, which is correct. So, if i am running PPDS for a month horizon, system always picks the same PPM always and as MRP run is infinite , system does not check the capacity of the resource also.

Now while running scheduling heuristic ( SAP001), system schedules the orders on the resource to the full capacity and if in the time horizon orders are more than the capacity, system deallocates the orders, instead of shifting the orders to the other PPM.???

So, in real scenario, i have one resource which is free and sitting idle and another resource is on full load and extra orders are de-allocated.

Has anyone encountered this situation??? Please need your guidance and help.

thanks,

Priya

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

PPDS heuristic does not consider alternate source of sulppy (PPM & PDS) , try to meet the business requiremnt with resource classification in R/3 , means single production version with multiple resource.

I

Lav Mishra

Answers (0)