cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IDoc-Acknowledgement causes error

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I'm using XI 3.0 SP15. My scenario is IDoc -> XI -> Mail. Sending mails works fine.

If I look in the message monitoring of the RWB, I see for every processed message a new one generated which stops with "system error". My assumption is, that this generated message is an acknowledgement.

When I look at the details, the message stops in the Integration Engine. Sender service is the service which is calling the mailadapter. Receiver service is empty, pipline is CENTRAL_BACK, error category is IDOC_ADAPTER, error code is ATTRIBUTE_INV_SND_SERV.

How can I fix that?

Regards,

Daniel

Edit: In the Adapter Engine, the Receiver service is filled with the IDoc-Sending service. It seems that this information got lost in the Integration Engine?

Message was edited by: Daniel Himmel

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

moorthy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Are you getting IDoc message in the XI ? If not-

I think there is a problem with configuration(Logical Systems etc).

Go to Idoc Business System->Menu->Service->Adapter Specific properties :- Here you check for is it pointing to proper R3 System. Also check for System Id, Client No. Etc.

For more -

/people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2005/03/29/xi-error--unable-to-convert-the-sender-service-to-an-ale-logical-system

/people/saravanakumar.kuppusamy2/blog/2005/01/20/configuration-tips-for-a-business-serviceintegration-process-to-send-back-ale-audit-idoc

May be useful.

Regards,

Moorthy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Krishna,

thanks for the links to the blogs.

That was the point: I forgot to set a logical system name for the Business Service which I created for the mail server. Now the acknowledgments cause no more errors.

But I've still some questions: I assigned the logical system name "mailserver", its the same name which I choosen for the Business Service for the mail server. Is this correct or should this be the logical system name of the Idoc-Receiver (in this case SAPISU)?

I also read in some blogs/articles from an IDOC ACK channel. I've only configured an receiver IDoc communication channel which gets the IDocs from our ISU-system. Do I need to configure a second IDoc communication channel which is configured as sender to get the IDocs-Acks properly back to the ISU-System?

Regards and thanks for your help,

Daniel

moorthy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

HI,

Just check following SAP Note : 777175

And also following link for more-

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Krishan

MichalKrawczyk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi Daniel,

have a look at this SAP note:

if you want you can turn off idoc acks

with report: IDX_NOALE

Regards,

michal

-

<a href="/people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2005/06/28/xipi-faq-frequently-asked-questions">XI FAQ - Frequently Asked Questions</a>

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Michal,

it seems that this patch has been included in a support package recently installed on our XI, so the changes shown in the SAP note are already applied to our system (and some more code

But the diagnosis in the note fits perfectly my problem 😕

So maybe its an configuration problem? Turning acknowledgement off is not possible, because I need the status in the sender system.

Regards,

Daniel