Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Difference between Sapscripts and Smartforms

former_member425121
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi

I need to create a form for print it in some predefined furmulary for the user signs it , something like a payment receipt.

Wich tool should i use, a Sapscript or Smartform, wath's the diffrerence between these two tools ?

Thanks

Frank

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please do not ask vague basic questions.

Rob

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

SAP Scripts is the old tool and SMART Form is comparatively new tool to develop and print business documents.

SMART Forms are more GUI oreiented and you can do lot of things just by dragging and dropping. SAP Scripts are more code oreiented.Practically smartforms is easier to develop when compared with SAPscript.

Differences :

1. Sapscript is Client dependent Smartform is Client independent.

2. Multiple page formats are possible in smartforms which is not the case in SAPScripts.

3. It is possible to a smartform without MAIN Window.

4. Labels cannot be created in smartforms.

5. It is possible to have a smartform without a main window .

6. In sapscript we cannot write our own logic for printing where as in smartform, we can write our own logic for pritning

7. Sapscript requires a driver program (se38 program) and layout (se71 layout) where as Smartforms can be run independently without a driver program.

8. In sapscript we cannot design matrix like tables,having grid lines, but in smartforms, it is much possible to design tables, having grid lines, color etc. just like excel table.

9.Smartforms generates a function module when activated.

Regards,

V Joshi.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Use smartforms, they are much easier to work with(i.e to code) and scripts give some formatting troubles while changing printers sp better to use smartforms.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can do it in the Smartform instead of Script. [DIfferences|]