cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sales order stock on delivery document and transfer order

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

At my current client I have a requirement where we need to put stock against sales order (sales order stock E). So, being a MTO process we create production order and perform goods reciept to unrestricted stock. To avoid getting picked up by a different sales order, we move the stock to sales order stock using 412 E (tcode: MB1B). Here are the issues I am facing currently:

1. Is there a direct way of receiving production order directly to sales order stock?

2. I couldn't find a way to do the first, so I am currently receiving production order against unrestricted inventory and then move it using MB1B. So, the stock can be seen to assigned to sales order.

2a. When I create delivery it is not consuming same stock, it is consuming inventory out of unrestricted stock (if any, in case no inventory is available it throws error of 0 available quantity). Once I have assigned sales order stock why is it still looking into unrestricted? Is it due to the requirement type which is assigned. Do I need to change the item category so availability will check sales order stock (similar to item category TAB)?

2b. This probably will be resolved if I get the delivery fixed but we have SAP WM and during TO creation I don't see the special stock reference filled in? I tested this process with item category ZTAB (copy of TAB) which creates purchase requisition and it seems to be working but I don't need the purchase req for my case.

3. This is more of an accounting issue: when I attempt to move stock from unrestricted to sales order stock using 412 E, I was getting "Account XXXXX is not assigned to cost center". So, I went in an assigned a cost center to this cost element. IS THIS REQUIRED & WHAT IS THE RELEVANCE as it takes stock out of inventory.

I understand it crosses other functional areas but even if you can clarify 1 part of it, will be very helpful.

Thanks.

Naren

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Naren,

The process you have described is not consistant with any of SAP's standard Make To Order solutions. I am curious as to the reasons why your particular solution was originally selected, but, as you have noted, it does not meet your client's MTO business requirements.

The answer to your question 1 is an emphatic "yes!". Production orders that are relevant to MTO are created using CO08. If all other config and master data is properly set, then the resulting production order will be received into 'E' stock (sales order relevant). In SAP standard MTO strategies, the purchase orders and the production orders for Finished Goods are all REQUIRED to be received to E type stock. During the entire planning scenario, all planned orders, all Production orders, all purchase reqs, all Purchase orders, and all FGs stock, are relevant ONLY for specific Sales order/items. There is never any non-E stock.

You didn't mention which strategy you are using in your material masters for Finished goods, but the most widely used standard MTO strategies are 20 and 50. YOU SHOULD BE USING A MTO STRATEGY. Check out SAP's online help in this area:

[Planning Strategies|http://help.sap.com/saphelp_erp60_sp/helpdata/EN/60/9ea1536fbd11d191820000e8a5f6e6/frameset.htm]

Regards,

DB49

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Requirement was scrapped but thanks for the input.