cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

JDI ESS Import Fails

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I'm having trouble importing the ESS .sca files into the development configuration. The "Repository-Import Succeeded" but my "CBS-make" is failing. Can anybody help? Some of the error messages in the log are (Let me know if it makes sense to post the whole stack trace):

"Error:CBS error on creation of build request:

caused by:CBS Server Error: CBS failed to communicate with some other server( internal code: COMMUNICATION_ERROR)

com.sap.tc.cbs.client.error.CBSServerSideCommunicationException: CBS Server Error: CBS failed to communicate with some other server( internal code: COMMUNICATION_ERROR)"

"Info:CBS server trace: com.sap.tc.cbs.api.CommunicationException: HTTP protocol error [reason: Parsing of the response body failed [reason: Document is not well-formed: Start-tag 'x:path' is different from end-tag 'DAV:response' (:main:, row:1, col:22812091)]]

com.sap.dtr.client.lib.protocol.HTTPException: Parsing of the response body failed [reason: Document is not well-formed: Start-tag 'x:path' is different from end-tag 'DAV:response' (:main:, row:1, col:22812091)]

com.sap.engine.lib.xml.parser.NestedSAXParserException: Document is not well-formed: Start-tag 'x:path' is different from end-tag 'DAV:response' (:main:, row:1, col:22812091)(:main:, row=1, col=22812091) -> com.sap.engine.lib.xml.parser.ParserException: Document is not well-formed: Start-tag 'x:path' is different from end-tag 'DAV:response'(:main:, row:1, col:22812091)"

"Caused by: com.sap.engine.lib.xml.parser.ParserException: Document is not well-formed: Start-tag 'x:path' is different from end-tag 'DAV:response'(:main:, row:1, col:22812091)"

"Fatal Exception:com.sap.cms.tcs.interfaces.exceptions.TCSCommunicationException: communication error: CBS exception received: CBS Server Error: CBS failed to communicate with some other server( internal code: COMMUNICATION_ERROR):communication error: CBS exception received: CBS Server Error: CBS failed to communicate with some other server( internal code: COMMUNICATION_ERROR)

com.sap.cms.tcs.interfaces.exceptions.TCSCommunicationException: communication error: CBS exception received: CBS Server Error: CBS failed to communicate with some other server( internal code: COMMUNICATION_ERROR)"

Thanks,

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

we need to cover a few things to get a good picture of what is going on.

Did you get your Versions right (J2EE & all NWDI components the same).

Is there enough ressources to handle the import? NWDI should be on a standalone server

with min. 4 GB RAM with only J2EE & NWDI. Is your network connection fast enough

(CBS and DTR use the Network to communicate, one of my imports failed because the network card wasnt fast enough)? Dont use the NWDI Engine as a Runtime System(!)

Did you configure the NWDI correctly as per Post install guide [LINK|http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/44/60dc1943c2311ce10000000a155369/frameset.htm]

Check that the user you have entered as "CMS User" in the Domain config in CMS has proper access to all involved components (incl. SLD)

Download the SCA again to make sure it is not corrupt.

Once the import process is started leave the NWDI alone, don't logon again (even if it is tempting ).

To monitor the progress watch the servers jlaunch process and the DB process for CPU activity.

The import log files can be found at \usr\sap\JTrans\CMS\log\<Track>@<Domain>

If yo use SQL Server implemented at least the first two parameters from Note [985821|http://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/985821]

XSS import is expected to run anything from 2 hours to X days.

Good luckl

Andi

P.S. Before you start the next try give the server a reboot.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I restarted the entire portal server but that did not help. It seems to be parsing some XML document. Does anyone know what it is. Seems like the XML document is not well-formed. From the log I notice the following:

"Caused by: com.sap.engine.lib.xml.parser.ParserException: > expected(:main:, row:1, col:27924468)"

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Did you get answer. Can you give me the details, what did you do.

Thanks,

Balu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Basant,

We are facing the same problem. Could you please share the solution with us.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Murtuza

sid-desh
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can try restarting your DTR service and your CBS service and import the sca again.

Regards

Sidharth