cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

xMII 11.5 iDoc Listener on VMware Workstation 6.5.1

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have installed xMII 11.5.6 b73 on a VMware instance running Windows Server 2003 Standard Edition. Everything appears to be running fine except for the iDoc Listeners. When I click the link from the SAP xMII Menu, I receive the following error message:

Error. The server encountered an unexpected condition which prevented it from fulfilling the request.

java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError

+ at com.lighthammer.jco.server.JCOServerManager.(Unknown Source)+

+ at com.lighthammer.jco.server.JCOServerManager.getInstance(Unknown Source)+

+ at pagecompile._JCO._ConfigList_xjsp._jspService(_ConfigList_xjsp.java:71)+

+ at com.newatlanta.servletexec.JspHttpJspPage.service(JspHttpJspPage.java:41)+

+ at com.newatlanta.servletexec.JspServlet.service(JspServlet.java:1036)+

+ at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:856)+

+ at com.newatlanta.servletexec.SERequestDispatcher.forwardServlet(SERequestDispatcher.java:638)+

+ at com.newatlanta.servletexec.SERequestDispatcher.forward(SERequestDispatcher.java:236)+

+ at com.newatlanta.servletexec.SERequestDispatcher.internalForward(SERequestDispatcher.java:283)+

+ at com.newatlanta.servletexec.SEFilterChain.doFilter(SEFilterChain.java:96)+

+ at com.lighthammer.cms.system.CMSFilter.doFilter(Unknown Source)+

+ at com.newatlanta.servletexec.SEFilterChain.doFilter(SEFilterChain.java:60)+

+ at com.newatlanta.servletexec.ApplicationInfo.filterApplRequest(ApplicationInfo.java:2159)+

+ at com.newatlanta.servletexec.ApplicationInfo.processApplRequest(ApplicationInfo.java:1823)+

+ at com.newatlanta.servletexec.ServerHostInfo.processApplRequest(ServerHostInfo.java:937)+

+ at com.newatlanta.servletexec.ServletExec.ProcessRequest(ServletExec.java:1091)+

+ at com.newatlanta.servletexec.ServletExec.ProcessRequest(ServletExec.java:973)+

+ at com.newatlanta.servletexec.ServletExecService.processServletRequest(ServletExecService.java:167)+

+ at com.newatlanta.servletexec.ServletExecService.Run(ServletExecService.java:204)+

+ at com.newatlanta.servletexec.HttpServerRequest.run(HttpServerRequest.java:487)+

Here a quick summary of the installed components:

SAP xMII 11.5.6 b73

Sun Microsystems Inc. JDK 1.4.2_18

VMware Workstation 6.5.1

Assistance in resolving this issue is much appreciated.

Thanks,

Michael Teti

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

To close the loop on this lingering thread, I had a colleague who recently encountered this EXACT same problem.  The issue was caused because the xMII 11.5 installation must be performed with a local administrator account rather than a domain account. This will allow iDoc Listener to install and operate properly. Thanks !

Regards,

agentry_src
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks Mike for putting in the solution!

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Actually it is working now. My server did not have MSVCP71.DLL in the C:\Windows\System32 directory, thus the SAPJCORFC.dll module could not be loaded.

After copying the file into system32 and restarting the ServletExec service (and bouncing IIS), the IDOC Listener link works as expected.

What a pain. It would be great if SAP would include this required dll with the SAPJCO installer for Windows.

Thank you,

Steve Christensen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Michael,

I realize this thread is quite old but I'm experiencing the same exact issue you described. I'm wondering if you ever found a solution?

I installed a new MII 11.5 system on a Windows 2003 sp2 virtual server (hosted on VMWare ESX) with JSDK v1.4.2-13, then upgraded MII to sr04. Upon testing MII, everything seems to work ok except for when I click the 'IDOC Listeners' link, then I get the same error that you listed. I then upgraded MII to sr06, but the error is still there.

If you found a solution would you mind sharing?

Thank you,

Steve Christensen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Per a discussion with an SAP MII team member, I downgraded to JDK 1.4.2_13. Unfortunately, this did not resolve my issue.

I am wondering if this issue is a permissions issue.

jcgood25
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Stop distracting dh....

Try dumping the contents of

C:\ServletExec AS\se-xMII\ServletExecData\default\Lighthammer\pagecompile

and try again to make sure it wasn't some bizzare page compile issue. You shouldn't have to restart IIS and/or the service, but it can't hurt.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the quick reply, Jeremy. Unfortunately, that step did not resolve the issue.

jcgood25
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Is the server creating a _JCO folder with .java.class files in that directory?

Do you have this file (and is it valid): C:\Lighthammer\JCO\jcoservers.xml

Are there any General log errors related to this file or iDoc listeners in the startup sequence where it says:

SystemInit Loading iDOC server configurations...

xxxxx

SystemInit Starting iDOC listeners.....

Former Member
0 Kudos

Is the server creating a _JCO folder with .java.class files in that directory?

- Yes, there was a _JCO folder in the pagecompile directory

Do you have this file (and is it valid): C:\Lighthammer\JCO\jcoservers.xml

- Yes, the file exists and contains the following:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

<Servers>

<Server name="LHJC01">

<ServerProps trace="0" unicode="0" />

<ClientProps passwd="cGFzc3dvcmQ=" trace="0" />

<Routing>

<Rule msgtype="*" path="C:/Lighthammer/JCO/Output/" />

</Routing>

</Server>

</Servers>

Are there any General log errors related to this file or iDoc listeners in the startup sequence where it says:

SystemInit Loading iDOC server configurations...

xxxxx

SystemInit Starting iDOC listeners.....

- Here's what I found...

ServletExec: caught exception - java.lang.ExceptionInInitializerError: JCO.classInitialize(): Could not load middleware layer 'com.sap.mw.jco.rfc.MiddlewareRFC'

JCO.nativeInit(): Could not initialize dynamic link library sapjcorfc [C:\WINDOWS\system32\sapjcorfc.dll: Can't find dependent libraries]. java.library.path [C:\j2sdk1.4.2_13\bin;.;C:\WINDOWS\system32;C:\WINDOWS;C:\WINDOWS\system32;C:\WINDOWS;C:\WINDOWS\System32\Wbem]

[Fri Mar 27 17:19:04 EDT 2009] java.lang.ExceptionInInitializerError: JCO.classInitialize(): Could not load middleware layer 'com.sap.mw.jco.rfc.MiddlewareRFC'

JCO.nativeInit(): Could not initialize dynamic link library sapjcorfc [C:\WINDOWS\system32\sapjcorfc.dll: Can't find dependent libraries]. java.library.path [C:\j2sdk1.4.2_13\bin;.;C:\WINDOWS\system32;C:\WINDOWS;C:\WINDOWS\system32;C:\WINDOWS;C:\WINDOWS\System32\Wbem]

[Fri Mar 27 17:19:04 EDT 2009] at com.sap.mw.jco.JCO.<clinit>(JCO.java:738)

[Fri Mar 27 17:19:04 EDT 2009] at com.lighthammer.jco.server.JCOServerManager.<init>(Unknown Source)

[Fri Mar 27 17:19:04 EDT 2009] at com.lighthammer.jco.server.JCOServerManager.getInstance(Unknown Source)

[Fri Mar 27 17:19:04 EDT 2009] at com.lighthammer.cms.system.SystemInit.init(Unknown Source)

jcgood25
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Do you have the sapjcorfc.dll and librfc32.dll in you system32 directory?

Did you install SAPGui on this machine after MII - something that might have messed with these dlls?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, I have both files in the win32 directory.

No, I have not installed SAPGUI or any other SAP software.

Just to alleviate any software from mucking up this issue, I have only installed xMII 11.5, Firefox, and EditPlus on this vanilla Windows Server 2003 system.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Typo...Not the win32 directory but system32 directory.