cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Manufacturing DatawareHouse

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am just wondering is there any SAP product for Manufacturing datawarehousing.

I know most of the clients are using historian database for shop floor data mounting but I am not sure whether this is the best to use to hold manufacturing data.

If there are no SAP products in similar line then can some one suggest which is the best in the market to hold Manufacturing data and vendors for the same.

Thanks,

Amara.

Edited by: Srinivas A on Mar 27, 2009 3:23 PM

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Shop-floor data is kept in historians, mainly because the shop-floor software/hardware package includes one which is already tested for intended application's purposes. The historians are supposed to store process data, being developed and optimized for this task. Any generic DB software won't have all the bolts and nuts (read connectivity and tools) required to read, store and access production data in an efficient way.

Then, if you're using GE hardware & automation software you'll receive their historian application in the software package. Similarly Rockwell includes a historian in FactoryTalk, Siemens' in theirs .. and so on.

There are also some developed by "software" companies, like OSIsoft PI Historian. SAP and PI have already some history together. The book In Pursuit of the Perfect Plant (Co-authored by OSIsoft CEO and founder Dr. J. Patrick Kennedy, along with V. Bapat from SAP) provides an expansive view of how to run a manufacturing plant to meet the todayu2019s challenges.

Answers (0)