cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changed ship-to address in VA01 - it does not print the changes.

Former Member
0 Kudos

A user has entered an order for a Chinese language customer, then changed the ship-to address, saves the order. When this address prints, it prints the address in local language - Chinese. But in the order itself - the language version presented and updated is the English version of the address. I cannot find anything in OSS that points to a problem in SAP (why are not both addresses updated when the change is made). Has anyone encountered this and know of a solution in SAP that I have missed - or an alternate solution?

Thanks very much.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Urban,

This is standard SAP behavior.

When you create a Sales order and add the Ship to Party number, the address of that customer is transfered from the master data tables of XD03 to transaction data of the sales order.

Technically speaking, here the address number of the ship-to party is copied to the sales order in the table VBPA with partner function 'SH'.

However, if you change the customer details / address of the Ship-to-Party in the order itself, SAP creates a new address number and attach it to the sales order. This change in customer details is only reflected for this sales order and not the master data.

If you want to change the master data of the ship to party address, you should use XD02 and should avoid doing it in the sales order as those changes are specific to that order only.

I hope this helps.

Regards,

Amit Vaidya

Answers (0)