SAP for Utilities Discussions
Connect with fellow SAP users to share best practices, troubleshoot challenges, and collaborate on building a sustainable energy future. Join the discussion.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Object in import-file header does not correspond to the migration object

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Forum,

I have loaded Business partner successfully with the file created in Workbench with test data.

Now I want to load the data from Application server. But i am getting the error

"Object in import-file header does not correspond to the migration object".

I have read that the import file should have 3 types of record

1. Header record corrs to the structure TEMINFO

2. Actual data records

3. Final record for individual object.

I am not sure where I am making a mistake

my files header looks like

<004F><Space><&INFO><Company><Migration Object><User><Date><Time>

Please help.

Thanks in advance

3 REPLIES 3

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am assuming you are in transaction EMIGIMP loading a converted migration file for import, correct?

If so, you should be able to read the company, mig. object, user name, etc. in the import file tab overview. If conversion did not work correctly, this info will not display here.

It is possible you are missing some data in the header, or spacing is not correct. Are you converting the input file with program REMIG_FILE_TRANSFORM or are you trying to create the migration file yourself?

0 Kudos

Hi Geoff,

I was trying to create migration file myself. I am now converting the file through emigall.

It is working. Thanks

0 Kudos

Guys,

I am also doing the same thing. I am creating a flat file (TAB delimited) using an Oracle Program and then converting it into Binary format using SAP Conversion program. Finally, I am loading it through EMIGALL. Is there any way I can create the file directly from Oracle program and loading it through EMIGALL without conversion program. Any help will be much appreciated.

Many Thanks

Ramesh