cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GRC,Fire Fighter

Former Member
0 Kudos

I'm new to GRC, fire fighter.

Can any one please guide me with fundamentals or any docs will be helpful.

Thanks in advance

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

hkaur
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello Kobby,

Earlier FF was only installed on the ABAP system. While from version 5.2 onwards, FF has a frontend that can be installed on the Java Stack very similar to the way CC is installed.So, to connect frontend of FF to backend, you need to create a connector.

Regards

Harleen

Former Member
0 Kudos

are VIRSAR3XX_METADATA & VIRSAR3XX_MODEL the connectors from FF frontend to backend systems.

Edited by: Kobby bryant on Apr 1, 2009 5:54 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Kobby,

These are JCo destinations and I have mentioned it before that JCo destinations are only used for CC. For all other products, you configure regular connectors which are in the product itself.

Regards,

Alpesh

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

hkaur
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Kobby,

As mentioned by Alpesh, RTA is installed for all the four capabilities of GRC. The reason that you are not able to access the CC application can be that there is some issue with the installation of the application.

Please check the Installation guide for more information on this.

You can check the ABAP connections from the Connectors in the CC application itself. This would come in the post installation steps and will be performed once your application has been installed successfully. VA would not have information on this.

Regards

Harleen

SAP GRC RIG

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Guys,

Harleen Kaur,

So even for FF were will i see the connector information,i see

VIRSAR3_01_MODEL & VIRSAR3_01_METADATA connected to my backend system.

So are these the JCO connections used both for FF & CC.

Configuration guide for FF doesn't give info on connectors - or how it is connecting to backend abap systems when my FF is installed on NW 7.0

Edited by: Kobby bryant on Mar 31, 2009 4:17 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Kobby,

These JCo destinations are only used for CC. RTA has nothing to do with JCo. JCos are basically used to connect CC front-end to SAP back-end system.

Regards,

Alpesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

All,

I'm missing FF here.

I have FF installed on NW 7.0, how it is connecting to backend systems.

Does it connects to backend system?

All this is b'coz i'm new to FF & CC functionality

Thanks in advance.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kobby,

There are two types of connectors- JCo connectors and then VIRSA Component specific connectors. You need to configure connectors in all components - CC, AE,RE and FF. Ideally name should be identical for all connetors.

Create connector in FF(JAVA side) for your backend system as per config guide,test whether it is working fine and and configure FireFighter settings in backend system.

Regards,

Sabita

Former Member
0 Kudos
Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In our landscape i see RTA installed on ABAP System & CC, FF on NW 7.0.

when i enter url for CC i dont see CC application is running.

FF url works.

Are RTA's only used for CC. Also when i logged in to VA of NW 7.0 i dont see any connections to ABAP system. I'm i looking at right place.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Kobby,

RTA is being used by all four modules (CC, FF, AE, RE) of Access Control. Have you had a chance to look at the documentation available on service market place? It will give you idea about all of the products.

Regards,

Alpesh