cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BRConnect - No valid SAP license found

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Getting this error when we Brconnect for Statistics update. It was working fine and it started happening this from last week.

Error in executing /oracle/<SID/tools/brconnect -u /@<SID> -c -f stats -f monit for <SID>. Return code: 256

BR1301W Error message from likeywlib: likey_init: Couldn't open verify PSE file ("/oracle/data/LASVerify.pse") for writing, errno = 13 (Permission denied).

BR1302W Initialization of license key library likeywlib failed, return code 1

BR1304W Checking SAP license failed at location BrLicCheck-104

BR0602W No valid SAP license found - please contact SAP

There is a note 912969 but it was for missing libsapsecu.so file.

On other systems, we did not have this file under /oracle/data but it works fine.

Any idea ?

Thanks!

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

have you checked you SAP license,is it valid

Rohit

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Everyone for responding.

the issue is with the SAPDATA_HOME. It was pointing to /oracle/data and in order to fix, I changed it to /oracle/<SID>.

Thanks!

0 Kudos

Hi ,

Can you please guide me how to change that Dir

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

setenv DIR_LIBRARY <DIR_PUT>/exe (UNIX)

set DIR_LIBRARY= <DIR_PUT>\exe (Windows)

You could also set the environment using the GUI.

Go to Backup and select the SAP R/3 backup specification you would like to change.

Under the Source tab right click on the client / SID and select "Set Environment Variables".

Variable name is DIR_LIBRARY, value is /usr/sap/<sid>/exe/run.

Click Add/Set and OK.

The licence key message will (hopefully) not appear the next time you run the backup.

Also, please check the following link:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_46c/helpdata/en/3d/ad5bc24ebc11d182bf0000e829fbfe/content.htm

and

http://www.oracle.com/technology/deploy/performance/pdf/Configuring_SAP_for_RAC.pdf

I hope this helps

Regards

Chen

debasissahoo
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

BR1301W Error message from likeywlib: likey_init: Couldn't open verify PSE file ("/oracle /data/LASVerify.pse") for writing, errno = 13 (Permission denied)

Looks like a permission problem.

this has been described in another forum.

You have to run ./saproot.sh <SID> in the kernel directory to set the correct permissions for the BR*tools.

Also,

DIR_LIBRARY must be set for <sid>adm to /usr/sap/<sid>/SYS/exe/run.

For setting env variable in Unix you should follow note.

https://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/602843

Thanks,

Debasis.

Edited by: Debasis Sahoo on Mar 28, 2009 12:25 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI

what is your SAP version?

check if file libsapsecu.so exists . If so, check permissions on it.

The problem is solved by setting the DIR_LIBRARY environment variable via your backup GUI.

This is especially important if you use an external scheduler (cron, at or BACKINT scheduler) to start BR*Tools. In that case, this variable must be set in the environment of this scheduler (for example, in an environment file).

I hope this helps

Regards

Chen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Chetan,

Thanks for the update. I have seen this before in the postings. Can you give me instructions to access BACKUP GUI and set the variable ?

Thanks!

Former Member
0 Kudos

License is valid

Former Member
0 Kudos

DIR_LIBRARY environment variable contains the path to the directory that contains the libsapsecu library

It must be in /usr/sap/<SID>/SYS/exe/run directory

So set the path of this parameter to the location of the file libsapsecu and then try running BRTOOLS

I would recommend to update your BRTOOLS,that might help

Rohit