Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Partner is not a vendor

laurent_burtaire
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

I would like to know how and when table BUT100 (Business Partner roles) is updated.

Actually, we have got an issue when creating PO using some Vendors : error message BBP_PD 296 (Partner &1 is not a vendor) is raised (SRM_SERVER 5.5 release version).

This is due to test done in include LBBP_PDBUPF40 (FORM check_vend_to_purchorg_general) to check if partner is a vendor.

For this, function module BBP_VENDOR_GETINFO is called using partner guid as importing parameter. Inside this FM, some joins are done between tables BUT000 and BUT100. In some cases, for partner guid being in VENMAP (they also exist in BUT000 ), they do not exist as vendor (field RLTYP = BBP000 ) in table BUT100 whereas they exist as bidder ( RLTYP = BBP001 ).

I tried to use BBPUPDVD and BBP_VENDOR_SYNC to get partner replicated from R/3 recognized as vendor in SRM, but table BUT100 is not updated.

I donu2019t understand why this table is not correctly updated although in BBPMAININT transaction (Manage Business Partners), all data from R/3 vendor view are correctly displayed in tab u2018Vendor Datau2019.

Thank you for any suggestion.

Regards.

Laurent.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member183819
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi laurent,

In the Make Global Settings activity

1. BE Order

Enter a number between 0 and 10000, for example, 0001.

2. Logical system

Select a logical system using the logical help, for example, QX4CLNT200.

3. Vendor role

Enter the vendor role in the backend system, for example, LF. Only vendors with the entered role are synchronized from the backend system.

for eg. depend upon the business partner data - the role will be set automatically as follow as

bbp000 vendor

bbp001 bidder

bbp002 portal provider

bbp003 plant

bbp004 purchasing company

bbp005 vendor

bup001 contact person

bup002 prospect

bup003 employee

bup004 orga unit

bup005 internet user

regards

Muthu

laurent_burtaire
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

Thank you for your contributions.

Actually, a copy of function module BUP_BUPA_DELETE was done few years ago with modifications required by our customer. Then, it seems BP role BBP000 was deleted for partners. This could explain error message when using vendors concerned in PO.

Hoping we won't have to recreate those BP roles...

Regards.

Laurent.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I think you need to maintain the default setting for partern, becuase of that only you are getting this error. Here are the some standard setting which are mandatory in SRM.

Regards

Satish