cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Organizing IR Content

Former Member
0 Kudos

Is it ok to organize your SAP Related Content like Imported IDOCs under SAP Basis Sotware Component Version in Integration Repository.

Also I am thinking of storing Actions related to SAP Products under a namespace that I defined under SAP Basis.

For me it makes sense to store them under SAP Basis or SAP Enterprise R3 etc.

Any thoughts welcome.

Regards

Mike

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

manish_bhalla2
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Do not use the standard SAP provided software components for storing/creating any custom objects, especially the SAP BASIS component. You should use your own custom SWCs for that.

The reason is that the standard SAP components are liable to be changed/overwritten during any upgrade or patch, and if that happens, you may lose all your custom objects.

Cheers

Manish

Former Member
0 Kudos

but you can have a namespace that is custom under SAP Basis right.

manish_bhalla2
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Michael

Yes, you can have your own namespace, but it is not recommended. Even SAP advises that we do not touch the standard SAP components.

To quote the Guide (SAP XI 3.0 - Customer developments/modif. in Integration Rep):

<i>Customer developments must not be executed in an SAP component but in a customer software component version. This avoids conflicts with subsequent SAP software updates. You can also make modifications to SAP objects in the customer software component version by using a set procedure. You must also make any enhancements to SAP data types without modifications in the customer

software component version.

Do not make modifications in the SAP software component version, since they will be immediately overwritten when SAP software updates are imported.</i>

Ref : https://websmp105.sap-ag.de/~sapdownload/011000358700005035182004E/BetaKundModErwXI30_V1_EN.pdf

Cheers

Manish

Former Member
0 Kudos

In that case we have to make a ZSAPR3Enterprise_PR Product and ZSAPR3Enterprise_SWC for storing IDOCs for say SAP Basis 6.2 and any Actions related to it right.

After doing the transfer to IR right.

manish_bhalla2
Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes, that would be right. You create the SWCs and Products in the SLD, import them into the IR and then do imports or creat any actions.

The way I would do it would be to create a Software component per Application that I am connecting to.. for example ZSAPCRM_SWC or ZSAPECC_SWC etc. So all developments/objects related to that application go in there. So I would import in the ZSAPECC_SWC any IDOC that I needed to interface with the ECC system.

Cheers

Manish

Answers (0)