cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Want to remove Serial Number Profile for a Material

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have assigned a Serial Number Profile for a material in the material master ( sales : General/Plant tab)and now i want to remove it for the material, but i am not able to remove it due to error : "Serial Number already assigned to this material" .

Note : Sales Order has also been created for this material.

Kindly advise how i can remove it.

Thanks in advnace.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

thanx

Former Member
0 Kudos

please try this...

Create a serial number profile witout stock check in OIS2...(Please check whether in your plant there is already a ser.no.prof existng without check.If yes).and have the option as "optional".....

Assign the profile for this particular material...

hope your problem be solved..

kartick

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

We would have to reverse all the documents where this material is being used. In other words all the line items of the related documents should be made void.

Hope this helps...

Raj.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

in order to remove the serial number

you can delete that sales order and try if not

you have to deliver that open sales order

do the delivery and invoice

and also check there should not be any stock exists and also open sales orders

now you can got MMR and remove

regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I completed the sales cycle and also ensured that there is NO open orders for that material and after that tried to remove the Serial number profile but still there is same error.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

As i said there should not be any open sales orders and also there should not be any stock

check in MMBE if any stock exists for that product

And also there should not be any production orders also

regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for the prompt response.

But i had checked and there is NO open orders, No Stock of Material & NO orders placed to production.

Also to cross check it i had created new material also, assigned Serial no profile and than added the stock and created sales order. Than ensured that sales order is complete and also there is no stock left for that material. And after that tried to remove the serial number profile of that material but still i am not able to remove.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

VK,

The serial nos is not only assigned in your sales:General/plant view of the material master also check another view Plant data/stor 2 view. remove at both the ends and check.

Regards

Sathya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sathya,

Firstly system don't allow to move forward when we remove serial number profile unless we assign some other or the same one and secondly if we remove/change serial no profile from Sales General plant than it will automatically be afftected in plant data/stor.2.

Thanks,