cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error while executing BDLS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

After doing system copy of BI system i am not able to change the logical system name through BDLS.

I have run the BDLS and changed to old logical system to new logical system.

Job has scheduled in background, Job is fiinshed successfully but in RSA1 the logical system name is not changed.

could you please know what can i do

Thanks & Regards,

Arun

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Arun

A similar forum also says that :

" When you run BDLS for BW/APO systems where you have implemented process chains apart from changing logical system names in tables it recreates the function methods for DTP - Data transfer processes for the new logical system for which it asks for transport request numbers.

if you run BDLS in bg mode, then as it is not able to show the input screen, it goes into some kind of loop and keeps on writing to the job log file and when it exceeds 1 gb size its unable to write further and job terminates.

in such cases you have to run the BDLS in dialog mode only for inputting the transport request number."

Also please check the link:

http://sap.ittoolbox.com/groups/technical-functional/sap-basis/bdls-multiple-batch-jobs-are-failing-...

I hope this helps you

Regards

Chen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Arun,

Have you corrected the config. in WE21 and WE20,that is ports and logical system renaming?

Here you will have to correct logical names and RFC destinations

do that prior to using RSA1,you will not face any issues then

Rohit