cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Shipment Cost Calculation Problem

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

The problem is regarding Shipment Cost Calculation while doing STO which is as follows -

In our scenario the Shipment cost calculation is done on two basis -

1) Absolute Rate / Flat Rate Wise - For example for transporting of goods from Kolkata Depot to Delhi Depot is Rs. 20,000 fixed.

2)) Gross Weight Wise - where the weight unit is kg and rate for example is Rs. 4 / Kg. So for 10 Kg the shipment cost will be Rs. 40.

Now I want the system to calculate the shipment cost on Rate / Carton Wise i.e. How will I be able to calculate the shipment cost of 100 cartons if the rate is Rs. 100/ Carton.

How to configure this ? Please help in this regard.

Thanks in Advance

Priyanka Mitra

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Priyanka,

Kindly check the condition type where you want the system to calculate the shipment cost on Rate / Carton Wise.

Maintain the calculation type of the Condition type as C (Quantity).

Now you can maintain the condition record for that condition type as Rate/Carton (CAR in SAP).

If not then you can maintain the condition value manually given the Unit of Measure (UOM) of the material is CAR.

Abhishek.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Abhishek,

As per your suggestion i have maintained the condition type on shipment cost as Rate/ Carton wise and the calculation type for this condition is also maintained on Quantity basis.Also the Quantity Conversion check box is marked on within the condition type.

The base unit of measurement considered is PC (Piece) and Conversion Factor is maintained on CAR (Carton).

But now the system is not picking up the Quantity for Shipment Cost Calculation.

Please give suggestions regarding further proceedings.

Thanks & Regards

Priyanka