cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Value Help

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Forum,

I have a input field.There I have to put value(F4) help.

If I select anything from the input field that selected value will be shown into the view.

Please help me out.

Regards,

Anindita

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

if u r using f4 search help from web dynpro side not from model node then follow the following steps.

1.Open the context menu for the Simple Types node and choose Create Simple Type.

2. Under Simple Type Name, enter VehicleType.(Assume search help for vechile type)

Under Package, enter com.sap.tut.wd.languages.simpletypes. Choose Finish to confirm.

The editor for the new simple type VehicleType opens automatically.

3. Choose the Enumeration tab page.

4. To add a new enumeration, choose New...

5. Under Enumeration Value, enter E. Under Enumeration Text, enter Economy. Choose Finish to confirm.

6. Repeat steps 5 and 6 to create more enumerations.

7. Create one Vehicle context attribute.Select the Vehicle context attribute On the Properties Page, choose to open the dialog for selecting the simple type for the type property.

8. Select Dictionary Simple Type and choose Dictionaries à Local Dictionary à com.sap.tut.wd.languages.simpletypes. Choose the Location simple type and confirm by choosing OK

9.deploy.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anindita,

I would suggest you to go through this wiki on value help best practices before implementing the same.

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/wiki?path=/display/home/value%252bhelps%252bin%252bwebdynpro%252bjav...

There are also some SDN articles on value help which you will find helpful, like this one:

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/a0ab331b-97c6-2a10-f982-c9f972c3...

Regards,

Anagha

former_member751941
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Anindita,

Check this thread pageno3.

Regards,

Mithu