cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

JDBC - System/Application Acknowledgement

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

my scenario is IDoc -> XI -> JDBC (Oracle DB)

I use a trigger on my db table. I would like to know whether the data processing on my Oracle db was successful or not. Is system acknowledgement sufficient or have I to realize it via application acknowledgement (by means of BPM or stored procedure)? Where ends system acknowledgement and where starts application acknowledgement in this case?

Thanks in advance

Christian

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

udo_martens
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Chritian,

you can set Integration Engine parameter RUNTIME/ACK_SYSTEM_ERROR=1 to send system acknowledgement. That can of course only control ABAP stack errors, not Java Engine of Adapter Engine of JDBC adapter. Your IDoc adapter will send ALEAUD anyway.

In my point of view is it the best way to have a BP, where you can send an error acknowledgement in case of error, a success ALEAUD other case. For IE system errors use that parameter.

For special problematic of IDOC -> JDBC and sending back acknowledgement have a look to <a href="/people/udo.martens/blog/2005/09/30/one-logical-system-name-for-serveral-bpm-acknowledgements Logical System Name for serveral BPM Acknowledgements</a>

Regards,

Udo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Udo,

Can I follow this procedure for File-XI-JDBC also?

Without using BPM, can I request for application acknowledgement from the JDBC adapter? If so how it works?

By the way, I am going to use the stored procedure for this interface. If I have code in stored procedure which returns the value, can I use sync processing?

Thanks

Kalyan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Udo,

I hope you help me with this scenario.

I am developing the File-XI-JDBC interface where I need to get the application ack from the Oracle database and based on the ack, I need to trigger the call to Stored procedure in the same database.

How can I use the switch step in this scenario and check the application ack is 'success' or 'failure'?

Please guide me.

Thanks

Kalyan

Answers (0)