cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Status Combination Code

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi PS gurus

Just wanted to know if i could search for Project definition/WBS having a particular System status using the project information system.

I think is possible using the Selection (Status profile) but i was wondering if it is also possible using the Status Combination code.There are 14 standard Status combination codes already defined by SAP in the system. I was just wondering if i could start my search by using one of these codes in the dynamic selection.

I did try using that but the search wasnt successful. just wanted help so that to understand if i am doing something wrong in the Status Combination code process

Amit

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Cristina,

After having investigated this in detail, I have found that we can select the objects to be viewed in cns41 report by selecting dynamic selections and navigating to status combination code (Under Master data WBS element). The system shall only  find project elements with specific status combinations and stores this information in the PRPS_STATUS (Technical field). The project elements with the specific status combination get immediately displayed by selecting dynamic selections.

Check whether an enhancement can be developed within cns41 to add this PRPS_STATUS(Combo Code) as an extra field while viewing the structure overview report.

Regards

Varun Rudrabhatla

0 Kudos

Varun Rudrabhatla

So, only activating the Business function this field didn't appear in the report?

Is it required to add this field by using enhancement to extra field ?

Regards

Cristina Romanato

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Cristina,

The field is used to make the filter based on status faster. Generally the filter based on status will be quite slow as the data is fetched from the JEST table which will be quite big. This enhancements adds a field called status combination code in basic tables like PROJ,PRPS ,AUFK,AFVC. This means that this field can be used in dynamic selection in the reports.

However once activated we should define status combinations that are meaningful for our dynamic searches. Lets say we define a new status combination 0014 -- REL and BUDG.. As soon any object like, lets say WBS, have these statuses of REL and BUDG the value 0014 will be set in the field status combination code in table PRPS. So while using dynamic selection you can filter WBS elements with status combination code 0014 and you will get only objects that have status REL and BUDG active.

Regards,

Jindow Joseph.

0 Kudos

Hello Joseph

The problem is that the functionality is already working, I just have the values in PROJ, PRPS and other tables. But when I try to use the report with dinamic seach by (Combo code) I can't find it.

So, my doubt is if I need to add this field by enhancement and which enhancement should I use.

Regards

Cristina Romanato

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Have a look on this document, might be helpful.

Add new field on dynamic selection screen of any report

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/index?rid=/library/uuid/b0e0039a-0d79-2c10-0aaf-9f6c062c0ffb&override....

thanks & reg,

Sam

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Critina,

As the functionality is active, it should be already available in the dynamic selection. No additional steps are required.

Check whether the database is rightly activated. In SE11 open the table PROJ , goto menu option Utilities--> Database object--> Database utility. Then click on the button activate and adjust database. Repeat the process for other tables.

0 Kudos

Thank you Joseph

I've checked and the field is not activated in the database, so I will run the step that you mentioned.

Regards

Cristina Romanato

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Amit, I think what you are asking is how do you use this field? After you turn on EhP 3, you will see that PRPS and PROJ now have a new field added to them (PRPS_STATUS). I don't think you explicitly populate it in Cj20N instead it is automatically populated based on the configured status combos. Then when you run a structure report like CN43N goto Dynamic Selections (SHift+F4) and you will see under folder "master data WBS" the field 'Status Combo Code" as a field you can use for selections to speed up the reports instead of the old status profiles.

virendra_pal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

i do not think it is automatically populated

i think there is a program you have to run status_comb_update or something like that

0 Kudos

Hello Andy

I implemented this functionality, but when I'm going to CN43N I can't see the field Combo Code in the Master data WBS. So, do you know if something more must be activated ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I know you can go through the Selection profile.

But i am trying the System combination code for the first time have not configured anything for the System combination code. i am just trying to use the standard 14 codes available by SAP

I am not getting desired results with that

Amit

virendra_pal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

check this out

Edited by: Virendra Pal on Mar 5, 2010 8:25 AM

Link removed

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Virendar

I know its part of the new Ehp 3 support pack, but i am not getting the desired results.

Any way i have another question.Have you got the Ehp3 implemented. We have got it implemented for our client.there is a feature in the EHp3 where when u save the project through the project builder, it doesnt throw u out of the transaction. but even though Ehp3 is implemented i cannot see this function working have u got any clue how des this new feature get activated

virendra_pal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

that is right

this is called the intermediate save button

to activate

SPRO

Activate Business Functions (this is right at the top)

Expand the folder Enterprise business Functions

Tick the function OPS_PS_Cl_1

remember to activate changes

Edited by: Virendra Pal on Mar 27, 2009 8:06 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Virenedra

This is already activated but i am not being able to use the status combination code function

Can you help

Amit

adelino_pereira
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Fernandes,

Regards,

Adelino Pereira

Edited by: Virendra Pal on Mar 5, 2010 8:25 AM

Link removed

virendra_pal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

the "combination codes" that you refer are nothing but preconfigured status profiles to give you an idea

the selection profile is to be netered in the status selection field on the report and not on dynamic selection

you should be able to select projects (definition or WBS or networks etc) based on these profiles, but depending on your reuqirement you may to configure them