Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Count of dw.sapSID_DVEBMGS00 process on HP UNIX server

ashish_vikas
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi frndz !

Can someone tell me what is dw.sapSID_DVEBMGS00 procee on HP UNIX server, i think its ork process ... but not very sure. And what should be its count ? same as no of wp ? Let me know in detail.

thanks

Ashish

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

tim_buchholz
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Ashish,

this is the disp+work executable. It will run as the dispatcher and the work processes (thus the

name disp+work, or dw). So you will see the dispatcher, which is the father of all work processes

and the work processes. The number will be equal to the number of work processes + 1 (for the

dispatcher). Of course, this applies to all instances, if there is more than one instance running

on the server.

Best Regards,

Tim

ashish_vikas
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes correct !

But still one query :

In my one of CI server there are 131 wps, but no of process keeps changing from 131 -132 excluding grep process. :

er3as131:(/home/ibm/xavisaw)(xavisaw)#ps -aef | grep P18 | grep dw.sapP18_DVEBMGS00 |grep p18adm | wc -l

er3as131:(/home/ibm/xavisaw)(xavisaw)#ps -aef | grep P18 | grep dw.sapP18_DVEBMGS00 |grep p18adm | wc -l

Any clearification ?

Also then where is dispatcher process ? its includud ?

Ashish

ashish_vikas
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

thnx for help !

Former Member
0 Kudos

If you want to see the count at OS level. login into HP-UX system and run the command:

ps -ef | grep <sid>adm

You should see all the processes owned by <sid>adm from there count the number of dw processes.

Rahul

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

dw.sapSID_* indicates work process running in your system. This will indicate all processes which are running in your SAP system.

Total count you can see from SM50 in your system. Because all work processes should not be busy at one time otherwise your system get hanged & not able to login..

Regards

Anju