cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP GUI 7.10 w/ Dual Monitors

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All!

Has anyone had issues with SAP GUI 7.10 on Dual Monitors before? I am currently having an issue with 10 PC's with dual monitors. When they export data using ABAP? (Sorry not an SAP guy so the lingo might be wrong) it gets a short dump error. Happens EVERYtime with duals. No issues with PC's on single monitors.

Anyone have this issue or know why this would be happening?

Thanks!

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I seriously doubt that this can be related.

The SAP system doesn't "know" that you have two monitors, it just sends data to the SAPGUI.

Are you using the same patchlevels on the one and two monitor systems?

Markus

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Markus,

Yes, all PC's are at patch level 7 at this time.

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

So what exact error do you get?

Markus

Former Member
0 Kudos

This is the error we are getting:

(Error)(16.02.09 16:22:57.190): CALL METHOD "CreateControl"DispID=5 OF 8/0x02B7FC50/101/{83658045-6571-3232-7082-797884697868}

#0: LONG "139"

#1: STRING "SAP.DocumentContainerControl.1"

#2: LONG "1384185856"

#3: LONG "138"

IDispatch::Invoke raised exceptionException occurred

(Error) :

(Error) : ****************************ERROR OCCURED IN MODULE: {83658045-6571-3232-7082-797884697868}***********************************************************************************************

(Error)(16.02.09 16:22:57.206): PROGRAM_ID |MODULE_NAME |METHOD_NAME |ERROR DESCRIPTION |VERSION |GUI VERSION |MODULE_PATH |

(Error) : **********************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************

(Error) : {83658045-6571-3232-7082-797884697868} |Class name not found |CreateControl |Create control failed |Version info not found |7100.2.10.1039 |Module doesnot exist |

(Error) : **********************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************

(Error)(16.02.09 16:22:57.221):

(Error) : Exception fire by :SAP Frontend Server

(Error) : Exception info:Create control failed

(Error) : Exception code:65535

former_member204746
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

have you installed these PC with an "image" with tools such as Ghost?

on a PC, install SAPGUI 7.10 again and install latest SAPGUI patch to see if that helps.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Mike,

Are they trying to Export to a Local File?

Also, what patch level of the SAPGUI 7.10 are they running? You can find the patch level by clicking in the upper left on the sap logon pad (the first screen with all the connections). Then go to About SAP Logon. The latest is patch 12. I have been running dual monitors for a long time now, mostly with patch lvl 10, no problems. I now have patch 12, and no problems. I have seen problems with patch level 7 and 8 in both downloading information to a local file, and uploading files to the server.

Hope this helps.

Andy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Andy,

We are at path level 7. We loaded patch 10 and 12 on PC's and it does not resolve the issue.

One other develoment.

PC's that have this issue are dual headed single cards.

PC's that do not have the issue are single monitors or TWO physical video cards.

Thanks!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Mike,

Can you tell us exactly what they are doing? I would like to try to replicate this issue, as I run a single video card in my laptop that drives dual monitors.

Also, the full error would be helpful. Have you checked st22, and sm21 for any logs?

Andy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Mike,

I would like you or your basis administrator to go through the short dump error message. If you want you can post it here and I am sure someone will help you. ST22 is the transaction code for checking ABAP dumps and SM21 for the system log just in case.

Hope this helps.

Manoj