Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Customer lead time and preferred days for delivery

former_member211526
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

Where and how can we set customer lead time and preferred delivery days.

A customer has a requirement that for their every order, delivery should be done after 5 days only. Nothing should be delivered before these 5 days and they prefer delivery only on Thursday. I think SAP does provide these kind of options. Unable to find them on XD03 (SAP 4.7) . Are these features on newer versions only ?

Thanks !!

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member211108
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can define the goods receiving hours on general data ==unloading points tab page. Click on Goods receiving hours and define the required days. Also you can create the factory calendars accordingly.

You can define the customer lead time in the transportation connection point on scheduling tab page by using the t code 0VTC

Hope this will help you.

Cheers

Atul

former_member788626
Participant
0 Kudos

Atul,

I don't seem to find Unloading or uploading point tab under general tab in customer master.

Can you help.

Thanks,

Manish

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ron,

The way I would attack this requirement would be two fold. The first issue is to define a route that will be determined for this customer that has a 5 day transit time or Pick/Pack time. Standard ATP backward schedules based on the customers requested delivery date, then schedules forwards in the event the Pick, Pack, Ship lead time is too short. I would also take a look at the route scheduling functionality and tie that into the process. I have implemented something similar, whereby the business only delivers to certain routes on certain days, and delivers everyday to others. Route determination (plus a bit of black magic using a sales order user exit) gave the client a perfect solution. You could define the Route Schedules VL51/52/53 according to the day of the week you need to deliver them into the customer by Shipping Point.

Cheers,

Paul...