cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RFC single record or unbounded?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi folks,

In one of my mapping Iu2019ve two tables with fewer fields to get. So Iu2019m using the RFC lookup standard conversion function of Message Mapping. The RFMs only retrieve a single record and I thought if they could retrieve unbounded records it could increase the performance of this mapping. But, Iu2019m not figuring how to handle the unbounded records at the message mapping. As we map context with context, the key fields should be passed at onceu2026 in java mapping I see it feasible, but with message mapping nou2026 any idea?

Retrieving single records is the regular behavior of an RFC lookup? (At the examples Iu2019ve seen here is always retrieving single records.

Thanks in advance,

Jorge.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Shabarish_Nair
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

if the RFC is designed to respond back with multiple records it will do as required. It has nothing to do with lookup

Coming back to your question, in case you get multiple replies, what exactly do u need to do next?

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Just map them to the target fields.

Shabarish_Nair
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

yeah so i dont see any issues as such. in the UDF where you do the RFC lookup you will have to ensure you send out values to the target node.

But tell me something, do you want to map the response to multiple target fields?

In this case i suggest you dont do a lookup. say if your scenario for example is File A -> XI -> FILE B and most of the records for FILE B is retrieved from RFC lookup, then avoid the lookup and then do a FILE -> RFC -> FILE scenario

Former Member
0 Kudos

Better go for prototype before design as RFC lookup of earlier unlike 7.1 returns only one value as response

as the name suggest lookup it works like a lookup function only

So suggestion better you too confirm it by having prototype

Rajesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

The protoype could be a good idea

prateek
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I dont exactly know what kind of prototype it would be. I guess lookup is not what you could perform here. Either achieve sync communication using RequestResponseBean & ResponseOneWayBean adapter modules or use BPM.

Regards,

Prateek

Former Member
0 Kudos

>> But tell me something, do you want to map the response to multiple target fields?

Yes, but not too much just 6 fields, I'm just wondering if instead of receiving one record at each call I could receive it in one.

Thank you all & regards,

Jorge.