cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Move \usr\sap\<SID> to a different drive on windows 2003

Former Member
0 Kudos

I recently installed two ECC 6.0 systems on one windows 2003 server. I setup one logical drive (F:) for ECC system #1 and its binaries and another logical drive (G:) for ECC system #2 and its binaries. During the installation of system #2, It would not allow my to change the installation location from F: to G: for the SAP binaries. All the environment variables were set to point to the G: drive and that still didnt work. So I went ahead with the install and decided to change it after. After the install completed, I have tried to change this. I have moved \usr\sap\<SID for #2> to G:, I modified the start profile and forced DIR_INSTANCE and DIR_EXE_ROOT to point to the G: drive, modified one registry entry that I found that pointed to the incorrect drive (DIR_INSTANCE), removed services and sapmmc and then updated with correct info via sapstartsrv.exe. After this, the system still failed to start as it looks like all the DIR_* profile parameters still point to the F: drive.

Does anyone know the correct way of doing this?

How do I get the SAP kernel to look at the G: drive instead of the F: drive for all the DIR_* parameters?

Thanks.

Regards,

Scott

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Check once more the registry : you may have missed some keys.

Did you change the Windows service in the registry ?

You have to change the drive twice : once for the path of sapstartsrv.exe and once for the profile file path.

When installing different systems on the same host, all the SAP directories must be on the same drive because there is only one sapmnt and saploc shared directory per host.

Regards,

Olivier

Answers (0)