cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RFC lookup issue

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi folks,

In one of my mapping Iu2019ve two tables with fewer fields to get. So Iu2019m using the RFC lookup standard conversion function of Message Mapping. As we now can map more than one target field at the same windowpane. Iu2019m wondering, for performance reasons, if it is best to call the RFC lookup function for each target field or should call it once and map it for all fields of a context.

Do I gain performance or at runtime this has the same behavior as call it for each field (as I think RFC retrieves data for each context and not for each field).

I searched at SAP help, but no answers. Anyone knows?

Thanks in advance,

Jorge.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The best is doing just one call in each mapping. Otherwise, as you said, performance decreases.

Regards

Gonzalo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gonzalo,

Did you understand the issue? My issue is not having two RFCs but in one RFC I'm retreiving more than one field, which is the best approach, use the RFC function for each field (former fashion) or use it for all target fields as now we can do it at the same windowpane.

At the message mapping seems better map to several target fields, but maybe it is the same at runtime, do you know?

Thanks for your quick answer.

Jorge.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

So, you have one RFC developped in SE37 wich extracts all the fields you need. And in your message mapping, you are asking if it is better to make one RFC lookup box for each field, so you will have 2 or more boxes or instead that do everything in one box and map all the fields at the same time.

Each box implies one different call to the RFC so you can imagine that it will be better with just one call.

In case you had 2 different RFCs(wich I already understood that it is not your case) or one called with different parameters, the best aproach consist in create other RFC wrapping the others and do just one call in your mapping.

So, the solution -> One Box mapped to all the fields you want to (your second).

Regards

Gonzalo

Former Member
0 Kudos

many thanks Gonzalo.

Regards,

Jorge.

Answers (0)