Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stretch Tabstrip

faebulicious
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi everyone

I'd like to design some kind of a cockpit in WD which fits to the browser's viewport. for the most "container" components it's possible to set the height to 100%. in my case i use a tabstrip component and it seems that the value 100% for its height has no effect, while absolute values in px are working. Is there are trick/workaround to get the tabstrip expanded to the whole viewport height?

Thanks in advance.

Faebu

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

faebulicious
Explorer
0 Kudos

same result. the tabstrip ist not streched.

arjun_thakur
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Fabian,

I don't understand the problem here. It works fine for me. The tab strip is getting streched for me.

faebulicious
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Arjun

I've just made another test. I created a new view with the following conditions:

ROOTUIELEMENTCONTAINER: Flowlayout, width=100%, height=100%

- TABSTRIP: width: 100%, height=100%

--TAB

---TRANSPARENTCONT: Flowlayout, width=100%, height=100%

-

BUTTON

And... it still doesn't work. So, I think it ist not possible with relativ values.

Greets Fabian

arjun_thakur
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Fabian,

Don't give any value of height and width for ROOTUIELEMENTCONTAINER.

ie make it like this:

ROOTUIELEMENTCONTAINER: Flowlayout (leave width and height field as blank)

- TABSTRIP: width: 100%, height=100%

--TAB

---TRANSPARENTCONT: Flowlayout, width=100%, height=100%

-

BUTTON

Regards

Arjun

faebulicious
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Arjun

I just tested your advice. I placed a transparent container directly in the tab and set its width and height to 100%. Also, I changed the layout stuff to FlowLayout. Unfortunately it didn't work out. Any other suggestions?

Thank in advance.

Fabian

arjun_thakur
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Fabian,

Set the layout of the ROOTUIELEMENTCONTAINER as flow layout and set the height and width of the TabStrip UI element as 100%. I will work.

Regards

Arjun

arjun_thakur
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Fabian,

The size of a tab strip normally depends on the size of the UI element present in it. So I would suggest you that you should insert a group or a transparent container and stretch it vertically as well as horizontally. Set its height and width as 100% an then design your layout in it. I suppose it will fit to the browser size.

or try using flow layout and then set the width and height of tabstrip to 100%.

I hope it helps.

Regards

Arjun

Edited by: Arjun Thakur on Mar 27, 2009 9:41 AM