cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Quality notification UoM issue.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi PP Gurus,

In Quality notification type Q1/Q2/Q3 we can maintain complaint quantity but I didn't find field to put the UoM I mean it is taking Base UoM but not alternate.

In our case Pallet is the Base UoM and Carton is alternate UoM. User will not restrict 1 pallet but only 1 or some carton. Say 1 Pallet=5 Carton. Say 2 pallets got produced and 2 carton found defected and put on hold. And user wants to create QN Q3 type for that 2 Carton but system is not allowing him to create QN for 2 Carton because UoM doesn't allow any entries.

What is the logic behind UoM in QN header? Is there any way to put Alternate UoM in QN header?

Thanks & Regards,

Abu Arbab

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

i015192
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Fact is that QM always relates to the material master and due to this

the basic unit of measure is used -> this is standard.

The reason for this behaviour is the fact that because the notification

always relates the the BUoM no conversion is needed and accordingly

no stock inconsistancies can be created.

If you want this functionality you can check if exit QQMA0001

can be used together with user fields for the conversion unit.

best regards,

maria

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Maria,

Thanks for reply.

Maria, in our scenario user can block quantity in Alternative UoM. I think Base UoM scenario will come if we raise QN manually or Usage decision will trigger QN but here once stock is posted to Blocked stock through Movement type 344 and through Transaction code MB1B is posted then depending upon Batch assignment to Vendor/Production order respective type of QN (Q2/Q3) will be raised automatically. And it's up to user as to what UoM measure whether BUoM or Alternate UoM use.

I'm afraid for User fields that should be used with conjunction to exit QQMA0001 as I never worked on this. Could you please more elaborate your though on it?

Thanks & Regards,

Abu Arbab

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI

Abu

i am not sure but in defects recording for notification type in SPRO you maintain CHANGE VIEW FOR UNIT FOR DEFECT VALUATION FOR CATALOG PROFILE.

Thanks

Avinash.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Maria, Avinash,

Avinash, the way suggested by you is not working but the idea given by Maria might work. Moreover it looks more convincing to me the comments given by Maria. I'll post into the same thread, once done with the development after some months.

Regards,

Abu Arbab A

Edited by: abu arbaba on Aug 14, 2009 7:49 AM

Edited by: abu arbaba on Aug 14, 2009 7:49 AM