cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Users in Background Java<>ABAP Web DynPro

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, I need some suggestions on this. In our Java based Netweaver application, communication with SAP/Backend will be going with a single user name(RFC_USER). What would be the scenario with user, if we use the ABAP Dynpro. Did all users require a SAP Logon in ABAP Web Dynpro application? This question is boggling me. Could you please through me some light on this. Thanks in advance.

Regards

Srinivas M

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

With WebDynpro ABAP, user authentications work as they would in normal ABAP. All users would be authenticated before running any webDynpro abap application via logon pop-up. If you intend to use the WD4A application thru Portal than you might be able to use Annonymous user, that might allow to access the application without user requiring to log on.

Greetings

Prashant

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prashant, Thanks for the input. Can you give some more info on this. Yes, We would like to use this Web Dynpro ABAP application via Portal only. Please correct me if I'm wrong. So, we need not to provide SAP Logon to all portals users who ever using this application on portal. If an user logs into this application via portal, how it will(Portal User) turn as anonymous user in SAP. Can you give me any document or any place where I can find this info. I really appreciate your help in advance.

Best Regards

Srinivas M

Former Member
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Prashant for the info. I don't have any more questions. Hope the info you provided, will resolve my issue/Q. Thanks.

Regards

Srinivas

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

Keep in mind that although technically possible to run an application as anonymous, most SAP license agreements don't allow this if you are accessing transactional business data. This would be no different for your orignal Java application either. You should really consult with your SAP Account Executive before proceeding down this path or risk finding out in an audit that your application violates your license agreement.

Answers (0)