cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When will EK02 appear in the Sales Order?? For different planning strategy?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

In our SAP system ,when you create a sales order with a material which planning strategy is

50 Planning without final assembly (MTO) , in the item detail screen , on the "Conditions"

TAB, we will see condition type EK02 and its value.

But when I create a sales order with a material which planning strategy is 40 Planning with

final assembly (MTS),in the item detail screen , on the "Conditions" TAB, condition type

EK02 will not appear.

I have checked the customizing of our SAP system ,as follows:

For planning strategy 50, the Requirements class is "045"(MTO val. with cons.),and on the

configuration screen of Requirements class,we see "Condition type for copying costs from

line items" (CndTyLineItems) is null ,no value ,not "EK02".

And for planning strategy 50,the the Requirements class is "050"(Warehouse consumpt.) and

and on the configuration screen of Requirements class,we see "Condition type for copying

costs from line items" (CndTyLineItems) is also null ,no value ,not "EK02".

And on the configuration screen of Sale Order Type screen(VOV8), we see "Condition type for

copying costs from line items" (CndTyLineItems) is "EK02" for all the sales order type we

have used.

So I am very confused.

Why material with planning strategy 40 there is no EK02 in the sales order?

Why material with planning strategy 50 there is EK02 in the sales order?

Where is the EK02 come from? The requriement class ? Or the Salse order Type?

Are there any other customizing for Condition type EK02 determination?

Thanks very for any reply!!

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,Experts!

My question is about when will EK02 appear on the "CONDITIONu2018 tab in the Sales Order?

Because in our system , for planning strategy 40 and 50 ,both Requirements class configuration,"Condition type for copying costs from line items" (CndTyLineItems) is null,no value.

But,all the sales order type configuration (VOV8) "Condition type for copying costs from line items" (CndTyLineItems) is "EK02" .

Why material with planning strategy 40 there is no EK02 and for material with planning strategy 50 there is EK02 ?

I am very confused. So hope for any answers!

Thanks for any reply!

former_member1042017
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

EK02 is for calculated costs. Calculated costs can only come in MTO scenario as you are calculating the cost when you are actually manufacturing the product. But while doing MTS, you are only manufacturing the stock for the warehouse.

Regards

Gaurav

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In MTO you will create Process order.

And to Produce a Item you use Sub components that is Raw material

That raw material cost is EK02 which you maintain in the Material Master - Accounting View 1.

You can see cost in the Process Order also .

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Gaurav Arora and balarengan!

But I am not very clear about the EK02 confirguration now!

My question is that if the planning strategy is MTO(Make to Order),then the condition type EK02 will appear in the Sales Order?

When the planning strategy is MTS(Make to Stock),then the condition type EK02 will not appear in the Sales Order?

But if for planning strategy 40 (MTS) ,we set the Condition type for copying costs from line items" (CndTyLineItems) value as "EK02" for the Requirements class, whether the EK02 will appear in the Sales Order?

And EK02 determination is not only selected by customizing in requirement class and sales order,but be determined by some rules (for example ,MTO or MTS) in the program of SAP system?

Is it right?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Fei Liu ,

yes ,Right it will take for the program from the background.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi balarengan,

Thanks very much!

You have help a lot!

And would you please do me a favor, tell me more detail about the EK02 determination rule?

And I also want to know if planning strategy is MTS ,then the EK02 will not appear in the sales order!

If planning strategy is MTO ,then the EK02 will appear in the sales order!

Is it right for SAP?

And also hope for any other experts to give advice on EK02 determination rule of SAP!

Thanks for any reply!

reazuddin_md
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Check list: -

- To appear the Cond type in Sales order- this Cond type should be maintained in Pricing procedure.

- In Material master Strategy group have the priority to determine requirement type in sales order ( though its MTO/MTS)

- In your issue, find the requirement type - in salesorder from- procurement tab in sales order overview screen.

- now go to IMG- SD-BF-Availability check & TOR- TOR- requirement type & find the requirement class assigned,

- check "Costing" section in requirement class, ( or take the help of CO consultant) ,

- to check the same from COntrolling- Cond type EK02, will be assigned to the requirement class in Costing section, from the Controlling ( including settlement profile - Optional )

-*Note:- if you dont want the requirement type should be taken priority from strategy group, same can controlled in Config of Requirement type in IMG- SD-BF-Availability check & TOR- TOR- requirement type- ( Determination of Requirement type)

- Hope it adds info

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear SAP.Student

Thanks for your reply!

I have already check the customizing in the IMG.

For planning strategy 40 and planning strategy 50,both the requirement class , in the ""Costing" section, the "Condition type for copying costs from line items" (CndTyLineItems) value is null, no value , not EK02.

That means I think in our system customizing Cond type EK02 has not been assigned to the requirement class for for planning strategy 40 and planning strategy 50.

And on the configuration screen of Sale Order Type screen(VOV8), we see "Condition type for

copying costs from line items" (CndTyLineItems) is "EK02" for all the sales order type we

have used.

Than means I think in our system customizing Cond type EK02 has been assigned to all the sale order type.

But for material with planning strategy 40,there is no EK02 in the sales order?

But for material with planning strategy 50,there is EK02 in the sales order?

Why?

And I also want to know if planning strategy is MTS ,then the EK02 will not appear in the sales order!

If planning strategy is MTO ,then the EK02 will appear in the sales order!

Is it right for SAP?

Still hope for any any other experts to give advice on EK02 determination rule of SAP!

Thanks for any reply!