cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DBCON connection issue...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I'm trying to setup DBACOCKPIT in our Solution Manager to check the database in the other SAP systems, some of them live in remote iSeries. I've seen that a DBCON entry is created like this one:

AS4_HOST=<host>;AS4_CON_TYPE=SOCKETS;AS4_DB_LIBRARY=R3<SID>DATA;AS4_NQE_OPTIMIZE_METHOD=F;AS4_DB_RDBNAME=<SID>;

I've setup the connection with user <SID>ADM.

This connection is failing:

ERROR Database connection %_E30_CS02: ADBC error 'Internal error 16 has occured'

But I cannot find any reason in logs. In SAP wp appears a generic message like 'CPFB752 occured. Refer to job log', but the corresponding log for QXDARECVR is not saved.

If I change the user of connection and I use QSECOFR, the connection works. But I don't know the way to find what authorizations are missing.

Any idea ?

Regards,

Joan

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I've seen that if I assign *ALLOBJ the <SID>ADM, the connection also works. How can I trace which object is needed to have a succesful connection ?

Regards,

Joan

JanStallkamp
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi.

Are you facing the error when you try to test the connection in the DBACOCKPIT or when you try to open one of the monitoring screens for that system? You can check if the connection is working by running report ADBC_TEST_CONNECTION.

The DBACOCKPIT needs access to R3<SID>DATA and R3<SID>400. But <SID>ADM should have read access there anyway.

Best regards,

Jan Stallkamp

JanStallkamp
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi Joan.

Your DBCON entry looks fine. Have you checked that the user profile is enabled and you are using the right password? Can you sign on with <SID>ADM on the green screen? If that is the case I would encourage you to open a customer message (BC-DB-DB4) and we can have a closer look.

Best regards,

Jan Stallkamp