cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Disable approval/rejection at item level.

former_member184111
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi All,

We need to stop the user from approving/rejecting a SC at item level.

On EBP Home screen , click on Approval link , then click on magnifying glass,there are two radio buttons .I hide the radio buttons with help of [this thread.|;

Although the radio buttons are hidden but still if the user presses "Save" button the SC is approved by default because the Approved RBs are selected at item level.

How can I initialize both radio buttons ie. none RB is checked so that clicking save does nto approves/rejetcs a SC .

Or can i use some BADI for this..please suggest.

Reagrds,

Anubhav

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member184111
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks a lot.

khan_voyalpadusman
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi,

even if you are able to prevent the user from approving/rejecting at the item level by disabling the radio buttons , all the approvers are required to approve/reject the items of the shopping cart. that is dialog workitem which is created by workflow.

if the dialog workitem is not approved , workflow will run in to problem and the follow-on document will never be created.

let me know what if that you are trying to achieve by not allowing the user to approve/reject the shopping cart.

former_member184111
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Khan / Daniel,

In the approval screen , after the approve / reject radio buttons table thers

Additional Specifications

tray in which we have a Add Note button.

When this button is clicked , a text area appears in whic the appover can enter any comments.After entering the text , as soon as we click the Save Button , the comments are added but the SC is approved / rejected automatically.

We need that the user can approve / reject the SC from main approval table by clicking the green tick or red cross icon and should be able to enter remarks in the Add Note text area.

Regards,

Anubhav

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I think this is not possible. If you click on Save in the Item details, then it means Approve or Reject (depending on the radiobutton). It is not possible to save the entered note without saving the approve or Rejected status.

You can develop a new Save button, and a new functionality - but this is very complex I think.

Daniel

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Daniel,

I have the same question with Anubhav Jain, is it possible to let the user enter the Rejection Note if the user click on Direct Rejection button? If it is not possible, may I know which BADI will it triggered by clicking on the Direct Rejection button? The badi BBP_DOC_CHECK_BADI is triggered for Direct Approval button ONLY. Please advise.

Thanks.

former_member184111
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Daniel,

As you said,its not possible to avoid approval/rejection at item level on click of save button and coding a new save button will be very complex so I created two radio buttons (approval / rejection ) at header level If the Approval RB at header level is selected , all the approval RBs at item level are selected automatically selected and same applies for rejection RB at header level.The item level RBs are invisible/hidden so the user has no idea of item level RBs.

Now I am facing two problems..

1)If I put the code for RBs in Template 120 , it also ahows up on other screens like in step2 , while creating the SC.

If i put the code in Template 140 , i get it in step3 while creating the SC.

In which template should I code the RBs so that they are visible in the approval screen or is there a way to know from where the template was called I mean was it called during SC creation or directly clicking on approval link OR can we check if the user has employee role or manager role so that the approval / rejection RBs are displayed only for managers ?

2) For this JS function to work perfectly , i need to know the number of items in the SC.

Which variable in the Template 120 of BBPSC01 contains the no. of items in SC?

Thanks a lot,

Anubhav

Edited by: Anubhav Jain on Mar 31, 2009 7:47 AM

former_member184111
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Added the code sample in SRM-Wiki. Checkout the following link:

[Sample code for approval rejection at header level instead of item level|https://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/SRM/SampleCodetoprovideApprovalRejectionatheaderlevelinsteadofitemlevelinSRMEBP5.0ShoppingCart]

Regards,

Anubhav

former_member184111
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I managed to initialize both radio buttons by modifying code in ITS Service BBPSC01 Template SAPLBBP_SC_UI_ITS 120

But still clicking on save button , the SC is approved automatically.

I even tried by defaulting the Reject radio button but the SC is still approved if SAVE button is clicked.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anubhav,

you have to understand how does the system works.

The User Interface is just an output based on the values of

gt_scr_itmovr_i-DEDUCT_IND[j].

If this value is X, then the item gt_scr_itmovr_i will be approved, it does NOT matter, if you hide, comment out or modify the radiobuttons.

You have 2 possibilities:

- change the deduct_ind value to initial - but in this case if the user push save - it will rejected.

- hide the save button itselt - in this case you dont have to hide the Approval-reject RBs.

I think, the second one is better.

Regards,

Daniel