cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Web Dynpro standard modules

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Which SAP modules are purely written in Web Dynpro ABAP and which are written in Web Dynpro Java, like ESS etc...??

In which technology ess/mss is written?

I have read somewhere that SAP will shift the development of all the modules to Web Dynpro ABAP in the future. If so, what developments are going on and when we can xpect this to release.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

All of the Business Suite, except CRM which still uses CRMUI/BSP, will use only Web Dynpro ABAP for new user interfaces. The one history exception to this rule has been ESS/MSS. ESS/MSS has traditionally been delivered using Web Dynpro Java. However new enhancement to ESS and MSS already have begun to be delivered using Web Dynpro ABAP in ERP 6.0 Enhp4. The plans are to rewrite a significant portion of ESS (not sure about MSS) in the near future to Web Dynpro ABAP. I'm afraid that I can't offer any more details on timelines and exactly how much just yet as these are scope items that are currently in development.

Are you questioning because you are interested in SAP's general direction for the Business Suite or becuase you had particular interest in ESS?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thomas thanks for very useful info.

Well the answer of your question is 'Both'. I have interest in ESS/MSS also. For ESS/MSS, apart from ECC 6.0, Do i need only SAP Netweaver Dev Studio for development?

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

For ESS/MSS you would use NetWeaver Developers Studio for coding in Web Dynpro Java. However there are part of ESS/MSS in Web Dynpro ABAP (and more to come as it gets rewritten in WDA) and of course the backend business logic is in ABAP - so you will likely still be doing some work in SE80.

Answers (0)