cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error: There are gaps in assignment of required role ZVLPP Vendor - Landlor

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello everyone,

I did create a new BP role with vendor integration. I have done all the settings including the syncronization settings between the vendor and BP. Now when i want to edin an old contract i get error message:

There are gaps in assignment of required role ZVLPP Vendor - Landlord Companies

Message no. REBPBP011

Diagnosis

Either a business partner has not been assigned in role ZVLPP Vendor - Landlord Companies for the current object/contract or

A business partner is not assigned in this role at all times in which the object is valid (period 01.11.2008 - 31.10.2009).

However, the Customizing settings specify that role ZVLPP Vendor - Landlord Companies is mandatory for the current object/contract.

System Response

Depending on the object, you may be able to save the object despite the fact that there is no business partner. However you will not be able to activate the contract if you have not assigned a business partner.

Procedure

Assign a business partner in role ZVLPP Vendor - Landlord Companies for the entire period 01.11.2008 - 31.10.2009.

My problem is in the step where i make assignment of applications/objects to my business roles, I havent set any of the two roles as madatory for a RE contract.

I ve gone through all the steps for BP in Customizing and searched through all OSS notes and forums but didnt find anything on that problem.

Does anyone have an idea what the problem might be?

Any input would be appreciated

Thanks

Severina

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

sivaprasad_r
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

The message is not an error message. but for me it is just a warning message. Inspite of the warning, you can still save the contract.

However, you cannot activate the contract because, Customer / Vendor Business Partner are not attached to the Real estate contract. By default, you must assign a Business partner with Customer role / Vendor role to a contract. This is to ensure FI postings to Customers / Vendors.

So, choose a Business partner with vendor role and save the contract and activate it.

Cheers !!!

Siva

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Siva,

Thanks for your reponse

This is exactly what i am doing.

I cant generate postings for this contract if it is not activated.

KR

Severina

sivaprasad_r
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

In that case, you need to assign a vendor to the Business partner. This is possible through synchronisation. I assume you have not carried out synchronisation settings correctly.

If you make few more settings for synchronisation cockpit, pl run MDS_LOAD_COCKPIT to troubleshoot any issues arising out of the synchronisation between BP and Vendor master data.

Cheers !!!

Siva