cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Shipment Costing: using actual (scale) weights instead of calculated weight

former_member203115
Participant
0 Kudos

We weigh our pallets just prior to shipping. Sometimes the actual pallet weight (which we will record in the Handling Unit Total Weight field) differs from the calculated weights in the shipment (that, of course, originate from the values in the material master).

The real issue: try as we might our material master weight values are just not 100% accurate. Let's just say that we have a 10% variance.

We are doing shipment costing in an LTL environment. Costing is at the delivery item level in order to properly rate the shipment according to NMFC class.

The question: is there any way to get SAP to look at the Total Weight value in the Handling Unit (which will be the actual measured weight) & do the freight rating using this value? I realize that there is an inherent flaw in this approach since we need to calculate shipment cost by NMFC class (delivery item level) and the Handling Unit can and will contain multiple delivery items.

But I'm curious as to whether anyone else has had a similar problem.

Thanks!

Mac McLarin

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Interesting query :). I have not seen this scenario before but you can have shipment costing conditions calculated based on handling units. Together with a new requirement (assign to access sequence), you might be able to achieve this.

Check SPRO/ LE/ Shipment costing/ Pricing/ Define condition types and define access sequences.

Regards,

MdZ

former_member203115
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks for your note. I tried that but even the HU approach uses calculated (material master) weights instead of the VEKP-BRGEW Total Weight field. I'm trying to find some sort of a switch to make SAP read the VEKP fields rather than the LIPS weight fields to do the freight calculations. Unless you know something that I don't (which I really hope is the case!)....

Mac

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can't you achieve this through creating a new routine?

MdZ

Answers (0)