cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Portal Alias URL Redirect

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

i have a little problem to solve in my company. We have updated our SAP NetWeaver Portal 4 months ago. Bevore the update there was the possibility to use an alias in webbrowser to start the portal. When the alias typed in you got redirected to portal/domain/irj/portal. Today you get redirected to portal/irj/portal. When you type in portal.domain you get redirected to portal/domain/irj/portal

The problem ist that we get some problems with applications that requirred a full qualified dns name and the majority of our employees use the alias portal to start the portal.

The DNS Entries are:

portal --> server.domain

portal.domain -->server.domain

There is no Web-Dispatcher running.

I think there is/was some settings in the AS Java or the ISS of the Windows Server.

The question is: What is to do to get the full qualified dns name by typing "portal" at the webbrowser?

If there were problems in understanding i will do my best to support.

Many Thanks

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

many thanks to all repliers. We solved the problem by add the alias in Service HTTP Provider in the Visual Administrator.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Please check the link on portal alieas http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nwce10/helpdata/en/6e/8590f1d6d349c9adc34c6a8085189b/content.htm

for web dispatcher is not running please check whether message server of central services up or not and check all the related parameters are properly set or not or some one might be changed them.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/EN/de/89023c59698908e10000000a11402f/content.htm

You can also check the configuration of the SAP Web Dispatcher from the command line using

sapwebdisp pf=<profil> -checkconfig out put will give you return code for 0 for errors, 1 for warnings,

also check the trace files for SAP Web Dispatcher dev_wdisp apart from this you can find details of the change history of the SAP Web dispatcher in SAP note 538405.

Thank you,

Shyam

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please contact the respective windows administrator to add dns/wins entries in the dns/wins servers.

So that the name will be resolved to the respective FQDN.

Regards,

Gowrinadh