cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Non-SAP client to SAP web service communication

Former Member
0 Kudos

I would like to ask a scenario(java based) with SAP experts to get the correct direction to solve it.

Scenario is :

Non-SAP web service java client (i.e. axis ws client or Sun ws client or .NET ws client) communicates with SAP java web service using SAP NW PI 7.1. For this, i need to solve the following :

1) Does non-SAP WS client contact SAP WS using the "WS Adapter" or "Adapter engine" ? I use SAML authentication for the incoming soap message.

2) Non-SAP WS client will send the SAML token as the authentication token in the SOAP security header to access SAP WS. How to verify the SAML authentication token in the incoming message ? i.e. which SAP api i need to extend to write my own code for saml authentication ?

3) Once the SAML authentication is succeeded, then if i want to make the access control decision of SAP WS application through Non-SAP server hosted somewhere. then is it allowed/possible ? i.e. Do we have any handler/callback/API for access control of SAP WS, which i can override to put my custom code to call some Non-SAP servers for authorization decision ?

The answers of above question will give me the proper direction to solve this scenario.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

prateek
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

1) You may simply use SOAP adapter.

2) and 3) Use the "principal propagation" concept in PI. Check sdn for related documents. In SAP terminology, these tokens would be called as Assertion tickets.

Regards,

Prateek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Hope the below link will provide you the clarity on your requirement,

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/808d3048-638c-2a10-35a6-faa48e50...

Regards,

Mahakrishnan T.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Divya & Mahakrishnan for sharing the links. I will go through these links and get back to you if i have any questions.

What do say on my 3rd question (i.e. on access control of SAP WS) ?

former_member307485
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Shyam,

Please refer to the link below. This is one of the best links where WS adapter concepts are explained very clearly.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nwpi71/helpdata/en/45/37d73b80554c2ce10000000a1553f6/frameset.htm

Regards,

Divya