Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"UsageRights issue"

former_member211107
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi SDN,

I am facing "UsageRights" issue while m trying to edit one ADOBE form in MSS. This application is the only one which gives us the editing facility in the portal. The other applications(in ESS) make use of ADOBE services but only for display purpose. Ironically these applications are displaying the adobe form without any error. It is only one application in MSS which is not allowing us to edit the adobe form. Is it because of the credential file? Or else do we have seperate credentials file for ESS or MSS???

The exception in the dump is:

"com.sap.tc.webdynpro.pdfobject.core.PDFObjectRuntimeException: Processing exception during a "UsageRights" operation. Request start time: Thu Mar 26 17:19:16 IST 2009 com.adobe.ProcessingError: Error while retrieving a password for credential: ReaderRights: java.lang.Exception: "

Thanks & Best Regards,

Kaustubh Maithani

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

File Expired as of yesterday.

Where can we get a new one?

Former Member
0 Kudos

You have to get the new file from SAP. As a temporary workaround, you could try setting the date backwards, but I don't know if this workaround is supported and it is definitely not a recommended approach.

former_member211107
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi to all,

I have one small question here. If there is some issue in the credential file then why m I able to view ABOBE applications in ESS?? Although the applications are in read only mode...or rather display only we can say.

It is happening only when try to edit an ADOBE form....

Had it been a credential file issue, it would have not allowed me to even view an ADOBE application...please correct me if I am wrong......

Considering the above scenario....now do u all suggest me to go ahead with re-installing the credential file????

Thanks a lot for ur responses,

Best Regards,

Kaustubh Maithani

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi kaustubh,

As far as i know, the credentials allows the user to make entries ie for the form to be interactive in nature, the credentials related configuration is required.

If the end user is having an adobe reader, then he can display the pdf form anytime without the credentials config. That is why in your ESS application, the user is able to view the docs. However since the credentials has not been configured correctly, interactive form scenario cannot be used.

Check with the Basis guys for this config.

hope this helps

Mridula

Former Member
0 Kudos

The credential file is only required when you want to extend the PDFs functionality with Reader Rights. The simple explanation is that these allow Adobe Reader to perform certain actions that would normally require Adobe Acrobat.

If you are just displaying a form then you don't need to extend it with Reader Rights.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

This issue might have occured due to an invalid or expired credential file, please check.

Cheers,

Arafat

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

This error says that the Reader Credentials file is either not properly configured or the wrong Alias was used. You should have the admin check that this has been properly configured (see the ADS configuration guide where this is described in detail). You need to import this file (normally a .p12 file) it into the Java Server and give it an Alias. You then need to use the this Alias during certain API calls, such as programmatically with the Java API. I am not sure if you need to configure this for the MSS scenario or if the ADS configuration is enough.